• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Again, a strawman argument. No-where have I said that I'm not happy (or otherwise) with your trades (fantasy or otherwise) - I'm merely pointing out that nothing you say can be trusted. It's probably time for me to stop and move onto something more productive - you've been shown for what you are.

Would help you to know I'm not seeking your trust?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    No but if you gave me £250k, I'd buy a single severely out-of-the-money short term Put option on the FTSE100 at a time when £trillions are being pumped into the economy and markets.
    I'll not be doing it again. Grandiose mistook.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    No but if you gave me £250k, I'd buy a single severely out-of-the-money short term Put option on the FTSE100 at a time when £trillions are being pumped into the economy and markets.

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    You forgot to mention at a time when the bad news had already been priced in, and only good news would signifantly move the market.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I guess if it makes you happy those positions I've take are not profitable then that's your choice. I don't care. Whatever makes you happy.
    Again, a strawman argument. No-where have I said that I'm not happy (or otherwise) with your trades (fantasy or otherwise) - I'm merely pointing out that nothing you say can be trusted. It's probably time for me to stop and move onto something more productive - you've been shown for what you are.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    If I gave you a £100k to invest, would you throw it in on one price in a single executed trade without averaging into a position?

I'd run a mile from such a strategy. You scary.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Getting nervous over fictitious trades is kinda weird.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Yes, given the fact that if you're investing long term it has been shown to be a superior strategy.

I get the impression there are high frequency swing traders here, buy / sell every other week. That would make me a nervous wreck.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    And there we go, just to prove my point. You do like building a strawman argument, don't you?

I doubt many would argue that drip-feeding into an investment is not a good strategy, but that's not the point here. You are a liar and no-one should trust any trade you say you've made

I guess if it makes you happy those positions I've take are not profitable then that's your choice. I don't care. Whatever makes you happy.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    If I gave you a £100k to invest, would you throw it in on one price in a single executed trade without averaging into a position?

I'd run a mile from such a strategy. You scary.
    Yes, given the fact that if you're investing long term it has been shown to be a superior strategy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X