• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All about Scrum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northernladuk
    replied
    Jealousy is a bitter emotion. Rise above it

Leave a comment:

• LondonPM1
    started a topic All about Scrum

All about Scrum

I keep seeing people on linkedin who obtain second class honors in pottery and then go on to become scrum coaches , and agile coaches

Is it just me or is this snake oil? Call me cynical, i love agile and scrum but what the hell does a coach do all day? And servant leadership?

Am I the only one who thinks this is mumbo jumbo and hocus pocus?

I ve done plenty of agile training and we use and i ve had the misfortune of working with three agile coaches in the past who had no clude what a computer was never mind software development. All they wanted to do was dicuss what done is done and epics vs stories vs tasks in JIRA

One person "
    I've worked in large companies & small start ups.... from Investment Banking to Pharma.... I've been around Scrum & agile for a decade .... in helping teams do things better. I've worked with 40+ teams.....

There are no silver bullets, only experiments to consider. My focus over the past 3 years has been organisational design, helping with restructuring & coaching C level members on mindset surrounding empirical thinking & servant leadership. "

So a 30 year old guy who has done a crappy course from a polytechnic university in an unrelated field thinks he can provide coaching to C level executive board?!

Are these people for real?
    Last edited by LondonPM1; 18 February 2018, 21:38.

Working...
X