• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know that feeling.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know that feeling.....

....when you've been waiting six weeks for a detailed thirty page spec and instead you get an email with five one line bullet points? That feeling.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Yep, know what you mean. Simular to the feeling of expecting a BJ on valentines night but instead get the dreaded "I have a headache"!
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Yep, know what you mean. Simular to the feeling of expecting a BJ on valentines night but instead get the dreaded "I have a headache"!
      You married too?
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        ....when you've been waiting six weeks for a detailed thirty page spec and instead you get an email with five one line bullet points? That feeling.
        Do you work where I work?
        Only I waited almost 3 months and got 2 pages

Comment

TBF, nlady was stuffed with (by) clients last night.

Comment

It's worse when one has a great 'Head of state' joke lined up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Spec? WTF is a spec?

We're all Agile now. User stories, story points, two week sprint and it's all done an dusted, feet up, surf CUK for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Spec? WTF is a spec?

We're all Agile now. User stories, story points, two week sprint and it's all done an dusted, feet up, surf CUK for the rest of the year.
                I'm sure it's because people are doing agile "incorrectly" but I do find it annoying when you can't properly design a system because you only have part of the story.

I always found that doing a lot of up front prep (requirement/spec/prototype), along with frequent demos to the relevant people always worked better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Spec? WTF is a spec?

For my sins I also work as an "Agile Coach". Don't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I'm sure it's because people are doing agile "incorrectly"
                    They are "doing" Agile and not "being" Agile.

Comment

Working...
                    X