• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

more on Jordan Peterson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more on Jordan Peterson

DOMINIC SANDBROOK: Pilloried for speaking sense | Daily Mail Online

The guard did a hatchet job on Peterson. Calling him dangerous and saying he mixes fact and fiction. Then quoted another prof at the same uni that called him a rambler or something.

But did not actually counter any of the arguments.

Real propaganda stuff

Comment

Got the book on won't be audible for the Monday Friday commute. It's definitely interesting. The arguments won't be well-liked because he argues that the answers to life are to be found in religious texts from history (mainly old testament).

Because I'm listening to it whilst driving, it's difficult to put the book down and have a think about what's being said. I can't argue about the conclusions though.

Thoroughly recommended.

Comment

He's saying what a lot of people are thinking which explains his popularity. The snowflakes are calling it 'dangerous', 'cultist' and blah blah blah because that's what they do. That is their 'argument'.

Give 'em enough rope I say. This world has some real problems to address and the easily offended with their 1st world problems have had more than enough air time if you ask me. They are a hindrance.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Peter Rabbit film producers apologise over allergy scene - BBC News

The makers of the new film Peter Rabbit have apologised after facing a backlash over their depiction of a character's allergy.

A scene in the film shows a character who suffers a blackberry allergy being pelted with them by a gang of bunnies.

In a joint statement, Sony Pictures and the filmmakers said they "should not have made light" of the issue.

Campaigners condemned the scene and some Twitter users adopted the hashtag #boycottpeterrabbit.

The charity Kids with Food Allergies Foundation said in a Facebook post "food allergy 'jokes' are harmful to our community".

A petition calling on Sony Pictures to apologise also attracted thousands of signatures.

Meanwhile - Isreal is bombing the carp out of Syria after one of their planes got shot down - causing major escalation - possibly WW3 potentially. We're possibly looking at the biggest stock market crash and recession of our time, brexit is an ongoing absolute trainwreck, global warming, plastic in the oceans, bank bail-ins...

There is plenty for people to get outraged about and protest against - and they go after Peter Rabbit.

I need a safe space
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Ooh the moral outrage!

I waiting for them to start having a go at the Tufty safety adverts of the 1970's. :nazi:

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Peter Rabbit film producers apologise over allergy scene - BBC News

Meanwhile - Isreal is bombing the carp out of Syria after one of their planes got shot down - causing major escalation - possibly WW3 potentially. We're possibly looking at the biggest stock market crash and recession of our time, brexit is an ongoing absolute trainwreck, global warming, plastic in the oceans, bank bail-ins...

There is plenty for people to get outraged about and protest against - and they go after Peter Rabbit.

I need a safe space
              Yes but Sony are an easy target who will do something because they have to for PR purposes.

These snowflakes will get fook all change from anyone actually doing tulipty things to other people - and so they do not bother as they are not interested in making things better only in attacking people who will have to listen.

They are in effect bullies - only fighting those who cannot fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

I need a safe space
                You've got a safe space here with your mates who are not interested in starting threads about Israel, Syria, stock market crashes, train wrecks, etc, but only in starting threads to criticise anyone who disagrees with your safety space viewpoint.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X