• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most Tulip Start to My Week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Tulip Start to My Week

Sunday - Asked to help parents move house. Called to ask when I was needed; We'll give you a call. No phone call. Waited most of the day and finally gave up at 5pm. Wasted weekend day waiting!

Monday - Hired a car because mine was acting up and had an interview Tuesday 160 miles away. Hired a Merc because it was £15 more than a golf. Got to the hire station. Given a Picasso. Kicked up a fuss - offered a VW Caddy because that was literally all they had left. Played badminton in the evening, was absolutely terrible and somehow managed to make a tit of myself falling over my own feet. Also ordered mining rig for Zencash - next day delivery. Get an email saying the stock levels were wrong and awaiting parts. Delivery now not until Friday at best.

Tuesday - Interview went well but someone pipped me to the post - sounds like they fibbed about their experience too. 6 hours in a hateful car and a days profit out of my current contract wasted. Crypto Market crashes day after I purchased £2k of hardware to invest in it. Im sure it will recover, but this is still not the best of starts.

Today - My car has been broken into. Nothing badly damaged but my Christmas Blend of coffee beans which I was somewhat looking forward too stolen. More upset that some flea ridden scumbag has had his mitts all over my stuff.

Going to work (or feeling like going to work) this morning has been tough, to say the least.

At least you have managed to go to work, so that's a positive. Pretty soon the sun will be out and things will be a lot brighter.

Comment

Oh the irony. I have just been offered a second interview for a permie position which I had a telephone interview for today. Put no effort in, didn't google the company, gave what I felt were blunt answers etc. but the guy lapped it up. Put in tons of time and effort prepping for yesterdays... I know I should be happy but this feels like more of a kick in the balls because I don't really want to go back to permieland!

Comment

Well that cheered me up if nothing else.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Well that cheered me up if nothing else.
          Glad to be of service! Which part? The thought that me going permie might get me out of this forum for a while or the whole Christmas Blend saga?

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            Glad to be of service! Which part? The thought that me going permie might get me out of this forum for a while or the whole Christmas Blend saga?
            Nah, the whole whiney post in general and thinking people GAS.

Comment

It was either you lot or rant at the permies here. I figured you lot would be more entertaining and Brillo did indeed come to my rescue with his Christmas Blend thread. Bravo CUK.

Comment

NLUK, you suffering from the blues, feeling a little grumpy?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  NLUK, you suffering from the blues, feeling a little grumpy?
                  I am but dopey and sneezy are furious.

Comment

I am but dopey and sneezy are furious.
                    You ain't running for office after admitting feeling up vertically challenged people.

Comment

Working...
                    X