• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do men have a right to "hit" on women?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online dating in the 23rd century....

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Excellent question - I experienced this and put up with it and forgave it when I was a 'nice guy'. My approach was to be understanding and see beyond it and love the person underneath and 'not take it personally'. I thought if I was super-nice I'd have a great relationship. Ended up being treated like a doormat and cheated on.

I found out that I was just having my boundaries tested and the nicer I was the more I was pushed - a bit like a child with a new nanny or a schoolroom full of kids testing out a new teacher to see what they can get away with. I remember being sent on errands to go and fetch things and doing it...

It's a sad realization but it's why I now have no moral issue with being red pilled and telling feminists where to get off. For the record I was brought up by my mother and sister who drilled it into me from an early age that I had to be the perfect gentleman, be a 'lovely man' while they both slagged my dad off with a vengeance. I'm no misogynist, I love women and have my boundaries now - which is much better.
      My mother always blamed me for the divorce. For being way too nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
        Exactly. Worse still, plenty of them want witty "banter" from the opening line, so if you go for something cheeky based on your interpretation of their photos, sometimes you get lucky but equally you can get shot down if it turns out their lingerie pics weren't a come-on.

For me the ideal Tinder profile has a decent face pic (so you can see if they're actually attractive), a full-length shot so you have some idea of figure, and the rest just establish what they like doing, be it feeding tigers in India (more common than you might think), water skiing or playing sports.
        Can those be combined into water sports?

Comment

If we take away their rights, what's left?

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            Man, I've had the exact same thing. As you say, it's just boundary testing! The Polish girl I was talking about had previously had 3 other long term relationships, all with abusive boyfriends of varying different natures. I actually think in some kind of messed up way, she needed someone with a firm hand because when she found someone nice who wasn't up for an argument, she didn't really know how to behave and just be normal. It was a bit like she lived off the drama!
            So many English men make a mess of dating Eastern European women, they just don't understand them. They are very different. They want you to be "manly", to know what you want and just go on and take it. At the same time they want doors opened, lots of compliments like an English girl of the 30's.

Somebody should run training courses.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              So many English men make a mess of dating Eastern European women, they just don't understand them. They are very different. They want you to be "manly", to know what you want and just go on and take it. At the same time they want doors opened, lots of compliments like an English girl of the 30's.

Somebody should run training courses.
              This is what I've read in lots of places. Getting the right mix of manly and gentleman.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                So glad I'm not doing the tinder thing, keep seeing screenshots posted on RP with lists of requirements like:

Must be 6'2" or taller
                Must be no more than 12% body fat
                Must earn at least $100k/year
                No computer geeks!!!
                Absolutely no computer games!!
                Hanging out with guy friends will be limited and subject to approval
                No female friends!!!

Bit harsh I think...

Comment

Comment

Look, I'm going to let you all in on on the best place to "hit" on a women. I have no need for this super power any more as I'm happy and settled for many a year.

Ok you might say "you are the woohoo" or "you are probably personality of the year for 2017". You could reasonably argue that something works for me wouldn't work for you. You may be a big ole fatty that smells, but even you Scoots would have a chance.

My secret power.

TAKE UP HORSE RIDING BY HAVING LESSONS!

You will be surrounded by women. These women don't get to meet men, they spend their time with horses. You have no competition from other men and these women literally are desperate. I can't stress this enough, they are desperate to meet and speak to men and if you share or even pretend to share their love of horses, well you can't lose.

Now there are some bigger women there but most are very, very fit - in the sense they have six packs. Some are very attractive and in a normal eco system some of you would be laughed at. But here you have a chance.

Don't abuse this power.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Look, I'm going to let you all in on on the best place to "hit" on a women. I have no need for this super power any more as I'm happy and settled for many a year.

Ok you might say "you are the woohoo" or "you are probably personality of the year for 2017". You could reasonably argue that something works for me wouldn't work for you. You may be a big ole fatty that smells, but even you Scoots would have a chance.

My secret power.

TAKE UP HORSE RIDING BY HAVING LESSONS!

You will be surrounded by women. These women don't get to meet men, they spend their time with horses. You have no competition from other men and these women literally are desperate. I can't stress this enough, they are desperate to meet and speak to men and if you share or even pretend to share their love of horses, well you can't lose.

Now there are some bigger women there but most are very, very fit - in the sense they have six packs. Some are very attractive and in a normal eco system some of you would be laughed at. But here you have a chance.

Don't abuse this power.
                      And I fookin love a woman in jodhpurs and boots...

with a whip..

Comment

Working...
                      X