• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump's on form

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's on form

Hi he's getting stuff done without much faffing around, just KISS Obama would have still been wringing his hands over the expansion of IS, who've retreated somewhat under Trump, and asking Kim which toe he wanted tickling if that'd appease him. Not Trump

Comment

I see North Korea is now going to hold peace talks with South Korea. So much for the plan of beating N.Korea by trashing S.Korea. It will be the US that gets trashed.

Kim Jong Un seems to be running rings around Trump.

Lets see how Trump's KISS (keep it short and stupid) style works out
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 January 2018, 11:17.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Trump and Kim should be forced by the UN to get their bits out in public so it is then known who is bigger.

The rest of the planet can then sleep easier.....

Comment

The MIC is just keeping things ticking along - this is just BAU. I'm more interested in the color revolution that's kicking off in Iran. It's got Ukraine/Syria/Libya written all over it.

Doesn't this all belong in the WW3 imminent thread?
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

SCHMIDT: Do you think we’ve been*too soft on China on North Korea?

TRUMP: No, look, I like China, and I like him a lot. But, as you know, when I campaigned, I was very tough on China*in terms of trade. They made — last year, we had a trade deficit with China of $350 billion, minimum. That doesn’t include the theft of intellectual property, O.K., which is another $300 billion. So, China — and you know, somebody said, oh, currency manipulation. If they’re helping me with North Korea, I can look at trade a little bit differently, at least for a period of time. And that’s what I’ve been doing. But when oil is going in, I’m not happy about that.

TRUMP And, by the way, it’s not a tweet. It’s social media, and it gets out in the world, and the reason I do well is that I can be treated unfairly and*very dishonestly by CNN, and, you know, I have — what do have now, John, 158 million, including Facebook, including Twitter, including Instagram, including every form, I have a 158 million people. Reporting just this morning, they said 158 million. So if they a do a story that’s false, I can do something — otherwise, Andy, otherwise you just sort of walk around saying what can I do? What, am I going to have a press conference every time somebody, every time Michael writes something wrong?

So, China on trade has ripped off this country more than any other element of the world in history has ripped off anything. But I can be different if they’re helping us with North Korea. If they don’t help us with North Korea, then I do what I’ve always said I want to do. China can help us much more, and they have to help us much more. And they have to help us much more. We have a nuclear menace out there, which is no good for China, and it’s not good for Russia. It’s no good for anybody. Does that make sense?

Perfect sense, Don.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/u...-excerpts.html
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Here's the ZH article:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...an-libya-syria

The May 17 memo reads like a crash course for a businessman-turned-diplomat, and its conclusion offers a starkly realist vision: that the U.S. should use human rights as a club against its adversaries, like Iran, China and North Korea, while giving a pass to repressive allies like the Philippines, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

“Allies should be treated differently — and better — than adversaries. Otherwise, we end up with more adversaries, and fewer allies,” argued the memo, written by Tillerson’s influential policy aide, Brian Hook.
              If they couldn't manage it in Syria - do they really think they can pull it off with Iran?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Here's the ZH article:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...an-libya-syria

If they couldn't manage it in Syria - do they really think they can pull it off with Iran?
                One measure of human rights is the death penalty.

Maybe USA should end relations with all countries with the death penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                  Hi he's getting stuff done without much faffing around
                  Exactly what stuff is he getting done? (Other than rounds of golf)
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                    Exactly what stuff is he getting done? (Other than rounds of golf)
                    Making the USA a laughing stock. Proving that democracy can be flawed. Giving assguru someone to feel intellectually superior to.

Comment

Working...
                    X