• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin - you might do well to read this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin - you might do well to read this

Morning All,

well we all know investing is simply about timing and asset class.

And nobody can deny Bitcoiners have had a good run.

Nevertheless anybody with Bitcoins could do well to read this,

Regulator warns Bitcoin buyers: Be ready to lose all your money

Don't say you weren't warned.

Milan.

Can we have all anti bitcoin news in the unofficial* anti thread:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...2-bitcoin.html

Don't want them adding bitcoin to the banned list of words in General.

*AtW not available until after last post of new year to make it official.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

you muppet,

this is not anti bitcoin

investing is about timing and asset class

this is research information for bitcoin investors

Milan.

Comment

I'm afraid the ignorance on display is exactly why cryptocurrencies will remain viable (maybe not in this current wild west state) - lack of regulation, mathematical proof, public ledger, difficulty for one party to control (i.e. govs / bankers) are all strengths. "It's a odd commodity because it's finite", is this guy straight out of clown college?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          you muppet,

this is not anti bitcoin

investing is about timing and asset class

this is research information for bitcoin investors

Milan.
          I expect you forgot a

If you're serious then where exactly are we on the graph for Tulip Mania with bitcoin?

Don't say this is different as there are many anecdotes online of people buying in only because the price is rising so much in recent weeks. Many of them know less than me about bitcoin, they don't care about any future potential, they just want a big profit.

For sure there will be some making big money on this phase of bitcoin's life, but many more will be losing out over the coming weeks/months/years as that has to happen for the others to get rich. It's a zero sum game. Unless bitcoin gets widely adopted or secures a future where undesirables stash their ill gotten gains, then maybe the opportunity to cash in will be longer than a pure speculative bubble.

Unfortunately it's all prediction and guess work, so gamble what you are willing to lose. Not remortgaging and maxing out credit lines like anecdotes elsewhere.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Hi hobo,

I take back the muppet bit, it was purely a joke and not intended to offend

this guy is saying it will go to 400,000U$D

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/17/bitc...00-400000.html

I don't hold any by the way

do your own research etc etc

Don't invest <cough> gamble what you cannot afford to lose

I am curious, though, since September the 11th 2001, a zillion laws have been bought in regarding money laundering, know your client etc, transparency from CH private banks etc, and now there's bitcoin which is giving all of the world's dirty money a home

Like the haircut which happened in Cyprus a couple of years ago (look it up on google if you don't know about it) where all the dirty money had a haircut, I am curious, what percentage of the money in bitcoin is dirty and hence, what an opportunity it presents for taking away dirty money if bitcoin were to be closed down

https://www.rt.com/business/412700-b...bitcoin-piles/

Milan.

Comment

Recently came across this news:

'Wolf of Wall Street' says Bitcoin is a 'huge scam' | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Hi hobo,

dribble dribble
                tl;dr ?

summary: I've not bought any so I hope it fails.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  tl;dr ?

summary: I've not bought any so I hope it fails.
                  poor Lance cheer up mate

I don't hold any and I am very happy if everybody becomes very rich and find their own happiness and inner peace

I am now past the point of debating what bitcoin is, it's now just a curiosity to watch where it goes

If it goes up perpetually then fantastic for people in that asset class, if it collapses, bad luck

Investing is about timing and asset class

Good luck,

Milan.

Comment

I am now past the point of debating what bitcoin is, but can't stop trying to predict its demise and downfall along with all those on the gravy train I missed.
                    FTFY

If you were actually so sure then why don't you short it?
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X