• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting away from it all to find time to plan and work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am a real writer. I have permanent writers block marker pens....
    FTFY
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

To get it past HMRC just book it out as a virtual reality experiment where you're charged for physical location but you'll be living and working in virtual space.

Cloud based hot desking.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I do it at times by going camping for a few days when its hard for me to concentrate on some work. But generally end up enjoying myself and not doing what I was supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I normally find my best ideas come when I am doing menial tasks between work. Driving is normally best.
          This ^

In my case it also includes times when i am riding my motorbike, bicycle or running.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I have a but n ben in the northern most peninsula in the Isle of Skye, a fire and nothing but the sound of the weather. If I must get away from it all, that's where you'll find me.
            And the best thing about it? There's no internet...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              best for us!
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                best for us!
                Hear! Hear!

Comment

you'll still get a mobile phone signal... and there's a lighthouse in the distance to remind you're not the only human around
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    you'll still get a mobile phone signal... and there's a lighthouse in the distance to remind you're not the only human around
                    But you are. I closed the last one 20 years ago.

Comment

I think this one is the most outrageous attempt at evading taxes. Even wants an all inclusive! The cheek of it. I thought the bar was raised with a campervan one of the eejits wanted.

Can someone beat this guy?
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X