• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting In 2017 A Total Losers Game?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    This should be entertaining. Maybe one of you tax dodging scumbags bought a Lidl finest lobster?

I still eat lobster regularly, although from a slightly cheaper supplier now....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      I remember when this site was primarily about exotic foreign climes, tax wheezes, stupidly high rates, private jets, hiring a chopper to take you to the slopes when needed, 1st class air travel at worst, houses in the country with resident hookers, powerful sports cars, drugs and a nanny that was paid enough not to do a "Weinstein". ...
      True, but now some of us have all that there's no need to keeping asking about it.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        True, but now some of us have all that there's no need to keeping asking about it.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It may seem that way.
          It may be I'm worried about you.

Anyway, remember the award comes with a known hex.

I mean, have you heard of last years winner, DodgyAgent since?
          vote AssGuru!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

2017 CUK, what's happened people?

To summarise, lots of talk about economy cars, low rates, cheap accountants, cheap property, camper vans and camp sites, in fact cheap everything whilst contracting.
            Probably if you delved deeper advice where you could score a cheap lay, with possible "consequences", in Leeds.

woohoo going for Forum Poster of the Year (I mean how much lower can we go).

Everything seems to be about the Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap.

I remember when this site was primarily about exotic foreign climes, tax wheezes, stupidly high rates, private jets, hiring a chopper to take you to the slopes when needed, 1st class air travel at worst, houses in the country with resident hookers, powerful sports cars, drugs and a nanny that was paid enough not to do a "Weinstein".

The only thing I have to remind me of CUK's old days is the Bitcoin threads and MF's creative, although totally made up, Walter Mitty type tales of well moneyed luxury.

Are you really all out there doing it for feck all?

Please tell some tales of luxury you have enjoyed in the past year and prove me wrong
            Do you need a couple of quid for a hostel for the night?

Comment

1st class air travel
              I travelled in first class on the train from Edinburgh Haymarket to Edinburgh Waverley a few weeks ago. Does that count?

Edit: And I sat in business class on a flight from Hong Kong. For 30 seconds while waiting in the queue to get off the plane at Heathrow on an economy ticket.

Comment

After I cash in my bitcoins I'll get private jet.

Yes another one, but this one is for personal use.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Question -
                  Contracting In 2017 A Total Losers Game?
                  Answer -
                  Yes.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    I travelled in first class on the train from Edinburgh Haymarket to Edinburgh Waverley a few weeks ago. Does that count?

Edit: And I sat in business class on a flight from Hong Kong. For 30 seconds while waiting in the queue to get off the plane at Heathrow on an economy ticket.
                    FFS.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I blame you know what.

Comment

Working...
                      X