• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's going to drive us to Hinterglem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    the winter tyres on the Q7 are on their fifth season

leaving soon

wish us luck

Milan
    Good luck! It's looking pretty foggy at the top of the Schattberg but the snow looks pretty good.
    Haven't skied that area in over a decade, I did a charity race with Martin Bell (Graham's brother, not the ex MP) and a few others, skiing 25 mountains in 48 hours.
    In the 90s I stayed in Saalbach a couple of times. Austrians know how to party.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

the winter tyres on the Q7 are on their fifth season

leaving soon

wish us luck

Milan
      Just as well you have that bottle
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I'll doff my cap - I wouldn't want to try that in any rwd car, and particularly one with 430bhp! One slip and the back end isn't where it ought to be, and ones trousers are full of brown. Give me 4wd every time.
        You'd be surprised how well a RWD car with the right tyres and a modicum of driver talent can go in winter conditions
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          You'd be surprised how well a RWD car with the right tyres and a modicum of driver talent can go in winter conditions
          Especially with a mid/rear engine to get a bit of weight over the rear wheels.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

greetings from the car

the navigation says we've got another hour to go

the x6 driver is actually a much calmer driver than me
            and I reckon we're going to get better consumption from him than I get with my full throttle and hard braking style

We've done half the bottle of Williams excluding the driver of course

Tootle pip

Milan

Comment

morning all,

back safely after a fantastic weekend in Hinterglem.

Loads of snow, great people and a great time.

We spent a lot of the non skiing time discussing cars and in particular Benes's next chariot because according to the accountant now that the Q7 is in it's fifth year its gotta go otherwise I am missing a fiscal opportunity.

Two cars came into the picture, the Maserati Levante and the Cayenne. I'm not sure about the Maserati, but the new Cayenne looks nice and I am tempted to change from being a loyal oil burner to a petrolhead. The base model cayenne with the 340hp petrol and loaded up with options is a nice car, obviously the S would be more fun. The new shape is more interesting than the last one.

Back to the skiing, the driver was so, how to say it, calm, he got us down there and back on a tank of diesel, I'd have burnt a tank and a half

Had some great food down there, excellent steaks in particular and of course the gulasch soups, prices are fine, service is excellent.

Hinterglem is beautiful and I strongly recommend it.

Milan.

Comment

by the way, those of you who were saying the that the XC90 would be great in the snow, one of the group has an XC90 and says he doesn't trust it in the snow and has had some bad experiences

obviously the Q7 with audi's legendary Quattro system performed faultlessly and had some nice tests on snow covered hilly roads

Milan.

Comment

morning all,

back safely after a fantastic weekend in Hinterglem.

Loads of snow, great people and a great time.

We spent a lot of the non skiing time discussing cars and in particular Benes's next chariot because according to the accountant now that the Q7 is in it's fifth year its gotta go otherwise I am missing a fiscal opportunity.

Two cars came into the picture, the Maserati Levante and the Cayenne. I'm not sure about the Maserati, but the new Cayenne looks nice and I am tempted to change from being a loyal oil burner to a petrolhead. The base model cayenne with the 340hp petrol and loaded up with options is a nice car, obviously the S would be more fun. The new shape is more interesting than the last one.

Back to the skiing, the driver was so, how to say it, calm, he got us down there and back on a tank of diesel, I'd have burnt a tank and a half

Had some great food down there, excellent steaks in particular and of course the gulasch soups, prices are fine, service is excellent.

Hinterglem is beautiful and I strongly recommend it.

Milan.
                  The Levante is a great car - sets you apart from the hordes that think the Cayenne is good.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    The Levante is a great car - sets you apart from the hordes that think the Cayenne is good.

my only worry is, is the Levante really a Maserati or is it a Fiat/GM wrapped up in a nice badge ?

Milan.

Comment

my only worry is, is the Levante really a Maserati or is it a Fiat/GM wrapped up in a nice badge ?

Milan.
                      It’s all Maserati, although the gearbox is a ZF-8HP, so pretty much the same as in BMW/Audi/Bentley/Alfa/etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X