• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's going to drive us to Hinterglem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    ...Heisenberg...
    Are you certain?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Are you certain?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Afternoon All,

Benes Invoicing Ltd and the Laaaads are off to Hinterglem on Thursday.

12 of us going in total.

The other three who I'll be travelling with, we are arguing as to who will drive and hence can't have a few sherberts
        during the journey.

Without sharing who drives which, I'd appreciate your insightful feedback as to which chariot we
        should choose, we've got the following to choose from:

X6 M50D
        Q7 ordinary v6 tdi
        5GT 3.0tdi
        XC90 - the new one with a 4 cylinder diesel and a zillion turbos to give it some ooomph, but why oh why would anybody pay that kind of money to have a car which sounds like a hairdryer ? Ok he's got an M650 too, but that won't carry us all so it's out of the question

Answers on a postcard please

Milan in "let it snow" mode.
        The 2 Beemers will be terrible if they see so much as a snowflake, and worse if you encounter any ice.
        I'd pick the Volvo, personally, but your Audi should be fine in the slippery stuff.

Have fun!
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          The 2 Beemers will be terrible if they see so much as a snowflake, and worse if you encounter any ice.
          I'd pick the Volvo, personally, but your Audi should be fine in the slippery stuff.

Have fun!
          Yeh
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Have fun!
            Yes, the serious answer would be Q7 and XC90, but it also depends on who has the best tyres for the conditions.

Also, if you ski in a flat cap, then the Volvo wins, whereas if you like white powder all over your face, probably the Q7...

Comment

Have fun!
              On Monday I drove around 400 miles in a RWD 430hp DSC BMW in big bad snowy conditions and then again last Sunday for about 300 mies with no problems and tend to do that every year. Maybe some people are just scaredy-cat wimpy drivers
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Are you certain?
                Yep, just down the road from me:

Werner Karl Heisenberg - 5 December 1901 - Würzburg, Kingdom of Bavaria, German Empire
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Afternoon All,

Benes Invoicing Ltd and the Laaaads are off to Hinterglem on Thursday.

12 of us going in total.

The other three who I'll be travelling with, we are arguing as to who will drive and hence can't have a few sherberts
                  during the journey.

Milan in "let it snow" mode.
                  In other news, milan is still unable to organise a piss-up.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yes, the serious answer would be Q7 and XC90, but it also depends on who has the best tyres for the conditions.

Also, if you ski in a flat cap, then the Volvo wins, whereas if you like white powder all over your face, probably the Q7...
                    Good Morning MarkyMarkAndTheFunkyBunch, WTFH, Mordy, Shauny et al,

where to start ?

Well somehow my car was selected

The good news is, the guy with the X6 refuses to be a passenger, and hence will be the driver, so I can relax in comfort and enjoy a few sherberts with the other passengers

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Yep, just down the road from me:

Comment

Working...
                      X