• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's going to drive us to Hinterglem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    A proper win-win, you'll get there safely, and you'll be nicely inebriated while someone else thrashes your shiny new motor to within an inch of its life...
    It sounds like the X6 driver has realised that his car wasn't really designed to go on anything other than school-runs in Surrey...
    Actually the Q7 had its 4th birthday last week to tell the truth I've always driven it like a rental car and it's in bit of a state...

paint work, I wish somebody had told me that modern cars cant take car washes like the old cars, the metallic paint which I paid extra for has lost its shine

it's got a lot of scratches, dammit these modern cars scratch easily, when I realized the car wash is knackering the paintwork I started washing it at home with the hose and brush attachment, and I pulled the hose hard and it kind of lassoo'd and touched the car and scratched the car down the driver's side, doesn't help that's its black and shows all the scratches

inside you could grow potatoes

actually we had it valeted in the summer after our summer holiday and the valeter guy was not happy, he said we need to bring it every year and not every 3 years

on the positive side, it's only got 90 thousand kilometres and has a full audi service history and will be traded in next year around its fifth birthday for something else

let's hope when I trade it in the valeter guy can do some magic and make it shine

so why to worry eh

Milan in "Beverley Hill Billies" mode.

Comment

That piss poor paint is the fault of the everso Green EU regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Actually the Q7 had its 4th birthday last week to tell the truth I've always driven it like a rental car and it's in bit of a state...

paint work, I wish somebody had told me that modern cars cant take car washes like the old cars, the metallic paint which I paid extra for has lost its shine

it's got a lot of scratches, dammit these modern cars scratch easily, when I realized the car wash is knackering the paintwork I started washing it at home with the hose and brush attachment, and I pulled the hose hard and it kind of lassoo'd and touched the car and scratched the car down the driver's side, doesn't help that's its black and shows all the scratches

inside you could grow potatoes

actually we had it valeted in the summer after our summer holiday and the valeter guy was not happy, he said we need to bring it every year and not every 3 years

on the positive side, it's only got 90 thousand kilometres and has a full audi service history and will be traded in next year around its fifth birthday for something else

let's hope when I trade it in the valeter guy can do some magic and make it shine

so why to worry eh

Milan in "Beverley Hill Billies" mode.

So, in short you are letting your mate drive you all there, in snowy conditions, in some old crate that he is unfamiliar with
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          So, in short you are letting your mate drive you all there, in snowy conditions, in some old crate that he is unfamiliar with

lol

well, the car has the extended warranty (taken at time of purchase) until end of year 5

he's used to his 380hp X6 M50D and he'll just have to get used to my 250hp tank

Milan.

Comment

X6 will make you look like a twunt and is only a 4 seater.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

lol

well, the car has the extended warranty (taken at time of purchase) until end of year 5

he's used to his 380hp X6 M50D and he'll just have to get used to my 250hp tank

Milan.
              So he will likely to try and push your tank faster than it should go.

Still at least you will all be too pissed in the back to feel any potential impacts
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Not read the thread but hopefully you've gone with either the Q7 or the Volvo. BMWs in the snow are like Moyes at United; completely out of their depth.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  So he will likely to try and push your tank faster than it should go.

Still at least you will all be too pissed in the back to feel any potential impacts
                  yes I guess he'll be used to more ooomph for overtaking

it's a risk we'll have to live with

I've got a bottle of Williams for the journey

Milan

Comment

yes I guess he'll be used to more ooomph for overtaking

it's a risk we'll have to live with

I've got a bottle of Williams for the journey

Milan

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment