• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jerusalem is Israel's capital, says Donald Trump

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
    No not right… When you dismiss what has happened to the Palestinian people as “taking great-grandad’s land” then you are obviously trying to play down events to suit a narrative that excuses Israel for its crimes. Following that statement with statements about the “displeasure of Allah” and “relentless virulent propaganda” tries to play up the religious extremism of the ‘some’ Palestinians as the real issue. So yes as I said earlier, its propaganda, the same propaganda that Israeli apologists have been using for decades. You aren’t fooling anyone, the internet is the worst thing to happen to Israel’s reputation and people just don’t buy it anymore.

So tell me honestly… why are you an apologist for Israel? It’s funny how even the most reasonable of people become swivel eyed loons and their political dial goes from centre left to far right on this particular issue.
    I was brought up as a Christian, at church a school we were brainwashed with the phrase that the Jews are God’s chosen people and God gave Israel to the Jews. We as Gentiles (non-Jews) are inferior and must support Israel.

As I grew up, I obviously saw this as complete tulip as do many Jews whose voices seems to be drowned out by extremists.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Might be nice if the Isrealites recognised the Palestinian state (then others might also), and a possible Capital of their own.
      Tricky. The Israelites haven't been around for around 2000-2500 years (depending on your definition). The Israelis on the other hand...

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
      No not right… When you dismiss what has happened to the Palestinian people as “taking great-grandad’s land” then you are obviously trying to play down events to suit a narrative that excuses Israel for its crimes.
      You really are posting some testicular nonsense. I was merely pointing out in response to an earlier post, that the conflict isn't really about "them on our land" any more but past injustices, plus for some, a few other factors - among many.

And you're a hypocrite. But it's not surprising from one of the unthinking-anti-Israel mob. Anything that suggests that the Palistinians are other than helpless and hapless victims, and that the problem would all go away if the Jews would stop being so beastly, is instantly seen as propaganda and excusing Israels "crimes". Are you a Corbyn supporter or a member of the SWP? The inability to think outside of slogans seems to indicate it.

I personally know some Palestinians and Israeli citizens - including some Jews. I wouldn't pretend that gives me any deeper knowledge of the whole issue and history, but it does mean I see the pro/antagonists from the perspective of people, not politics, and I think understand that it's not as clear cut as certain people would like it to be. I certainly do not have the view that Paddy describes, of "Israel, right no matter what". I've never heard the gentiles are inferior idea in Christian cricles - though obviously in some more orthodox Jewish circles it can be the view.

I note you completely ignore my later comment concerning the desired Palestinian capital. Not surprising, since it doesn't fit into your narrow mindset.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Some good old fashioned Christian common sense of the matter

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/...salem-decision

Christians United for Israel founder Pastor John Hagee spoke on CBN News' Faith Nation program about why he supports President Donald Trump's Jerusalem decision and why Christians need to know about Israel's global importance. Watch above.

Before President Trump officially recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital and announced the U.S. Embassy in Israel would be moving there, pastor and New York Times best-selling author John Hagee joined CBN News' Faith Nation program today for analysis on the Jewish State.

He discussed why Israel is important to Christians, as well as what's behind the Trump administration's support of the Holy Land. Hagee is the founder and chairman of Christians United for Israel.

"What President Trump is doing is one of the most courageous political things that's been done in Washington in a long time," Hagee, who is also the senior pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, told CBN News.

"Many presidents have promised to move the embassy and declare Jerusalem as the eternal capital, but they have promised without performing," he continued.

"President Trump, when I spoke to him in the White House about this several weeks ago, he said this very emphatically. He said, 'Other presidents have failed you, but I will not disappoint the Christian community in this issue. I will stand with Israel, and we will at some point in time, move the embassy,'" said Hagee.

He also talked with the president about the significance of moving the embassy in this "Jubilee Year."

"...I told him that God measures everything in modules of 50 years," Hagee explained to CBN News. "And I said this is a principle that's carried out in Leviticus, the 25th chapter."

"I said, 'If you look at 1917, it was a Jubilee Year, and the Balfour Amendment came, and then in 50 years, it was 1967, and Jerusalem was reconnected to Israel,'" he continued.

"'And you add 50 to 1967, and you're in 2017.' I said, 'This is the year to move the embassy and make that declaration because it is a biblical timing of absolute precision,'" Hagee said. "Thank God, he's going to do exactly that."

Meanwhile, CBN's Gordon Robertson told the Christian Post that Trump's move is about End Times prophecy for Israel being fulfilled.

And Hagee also emphasized the significance of the Jewish state to God and why Christians need to acknowledge its global importance.

"...I believe at this point in time, Israel is God's stopwatch for everything that happens to every nation, including America, from now until the Rapture of the Church and beyond," he said.

"Christians should care about Israel because the entirety of the Bible beginning at Genesis all the way to the end is God's position paper on the Jewish people," Hagee explained.

"God found a man by the name of Abraham and He made a covenant with him," Hagee continued. "Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, recorded in the book of Genesis, that He was going to give them a strip of real estate in the Middle East, and that piece of real estate would be theirs forever."

"Forever means today, tomorrow and forever," he said. "It has nothing to do with what the Palestinians think, what the Russians think, what the UK has the opinion of; it belongs to the Jewish people."

"And Israel is the gateway to God's blessing in the Bible," Hagee continued. "Genesis 12: 'I will bless those who bless you.'"

"World history can be summed up in one sentence. The nations that blessed Israel were blessed of God, and the nations that cursed Israel were cursed of God," he said.
        Next stop Gog-Magog wars, and the Jews of Israel will have to convert to Christianity or into the eternal lake of fire it is!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I think quite alot was stolen from black people too....
          Brown is a generic term.

Lots of people who aren't white have brown skins even though they call themselves black, Arab, Indian, aboriginal, Papuans etc
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

German land to be annexed for the new state of Israel - the undervalued idea of the century.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              German land to be annexed for the new state of Israel - the undervalued idea of the century.
              Or Madagascar, or the Jewish Autonomous Oblast.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Or Madagascar, or the Jewish Autonomous Oblast.
                a piece of Germany the size of Israel is by far the best option. Fair exchange and in Europe.

Comment

What about York? The 1190 Massacre: History of York or maybe parts of the UK annexed by South Africa: Women & Children in White Concentration Camps during the Anglo-Boer War, 1900-1902 | South African History Online. In fact much of the UK could be annexed by various (ex) Commonwealth countries if you were to take that view. Or how about parts of Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_and_antisemitism.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    What about York? The 1190 Massacre: History of York or maybe parts of the UK annexed by South Africa: Women & Children in White Concentration Camps during the Anglo-Boer War, 1900-1902 | South African History Online. In fact much of the UK could be annexed by various (ex) Commonwealth countries if you were to take that view. Or how about parts of Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_and_antisemitism.
                    So we are kind of talking about Jews right now and we are told 6 million of them got slaughtered in Germany..... Let's deal with this issue first shall we?

Comment

So we are kind of talking about Jews right now and we are told 6 million of them got slaughtered in Germany..... Let's deal with this issue first shall we?
                      Should we first deal with the issue that you are a cretin? Because that might usefully contextualise the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                      X