• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jerusalem is Israel's capital, says Donald Trump

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
    ah the irony... regurgitate some Israeli propaganda and then complain about Palestinian propaganda!
    Which bit do you consider propaganda?

The one about it being the land of their forefathers that was nicked?
    That some Muslims see the existence of Israel as a sign of Allah's displeasure?
    The anti-Israel propaganda that's broadcast on their media?
    Or that Jersulam is, de facto, the capital of Israel, despite what the world choose to recognise or not?

And do you have any evidence that it's untrue?

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Ah, so more to do with the violent seizure of the land from the Jews many centuries earlier then?
    Don't be silly. Injustices are always limited to the current generation ... or their great great great grandparents. "I'm going to kill you because of what your ancestor did to mine ten thousand years ago".
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Which bit do you consider propaganda?

The one about it being the land of their forefathers that was nicked?
      That some Muslims see the existence of Israel as a sign of Allah's displeasure?
      The anti-Israel propaganda that's broadcast on their media?
      Or that Jersulam is, de facto, the capital of Israel, despite what the world choose to recognise or not?

And do you have any evidence that it's untrue?
      Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.

So yeah... as I said, it's propaganda. I didn't say any of the particular 'facts' you presented were untrue, its about how you presented them and why.

Comment

I am not sure I have seen many facts presented unselectively.

My favourite is a person who believed in killing people while minimizing civilian casualties. Most call that terrorism. He is now lauded as a freedom fighter.

Comment

Quick google

History of the Jews and Judaism in the Land of Israel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...le_(638–1099)

Islamic period

Under Islamic rule (638–1099)

In 638 CE, the Byzantine Empire lost the Levant to the Arab Islamic Empire. According to Moshe Gil, at the time of the Arab conquest in the 7th century, the majority of the population was Jewish or Samaritan.[3] According to one estimate, the Jews of Palestine numbered between 300,000 and 400,000 at the time.[70] After the conquest, the majority of the population (probably including many Jews[citation needed]) became Arabized in culture and language, many also adopting the new faith of Islam.[71] The Muslims continued to ban the building of new synagogues.[72] Until the Crusades took Palestine in 1099, various Muslim dynasties controlled Palestine. It was first ruled by the Medinah-based Rashidun Caliphs, then by the Damascus-based Umayyad Caliphate and after by the Baghdad-based Abbasid Caliphs.
          Well done, you've confirmed my statement.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Might be nice if the Isrealites recognised the Palestinian state (then others might also), and a possible Capital of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              ...My favourite is a person who believed in killing people while minimizing civilian casualties. Most call that terrorism. He is now lauded as a freedom fighter.
              He might well be. Now if he was a person who believed in killing people while maximising civilian casualties, that would be terrorism.

Comment

Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.

So yeah... as I said, it's propaganda. I didn't say any of the particular 'facts' you presented were untrue, its about how you presented them and why.
                Ah, got you. Right, so when presenting an opinion, it's necessary to give unselective facts. OK.

The moon reflects the sun's light.
                The sky is blue.
                ProInDisguise is a prat.

HTH

Anyway, on with the propaganda. The Palestinians are understandably upset because they'd have liked East Jerusalem to be the capital of their state. Now the US is apparently saying that will never happen.

Grass is green.

Comment

Ah, got you. Right, so when presenting an opinion, it's necessary to give unselective facts. OK.

The moon reflects the sun's light.
                  The sky is blue.
                  ProInDisguise is a prat.

HTH

Anyway, on with the propaganda. The Palestinians are understandably upset because they'd have liked East Jerusalem to be the capital of their state. Now the US is apparently saying that will never happen.

Grass is green.

United Nations Security Council Resolution 478, adopted on 20 August 1980, is one of seven UNSC resolutions condemning Israel's attempted annexation of East Jerusalem. In particular, UNSC res 478 notes Israel's non-compliance with UNSC res 476[1] and condemned Israel's 1980 Jerusalem Law which declared Jerusalem to be Israel's "complete and united" capital, as a violation of international law. The resolution states that the Council will not recognize this law, and calls on member states to accept the decision of the council. This resolution also calls upon member states to withdraw their diplomatic missions from the city.

The resolution was passed with 14 votes to none against, with the United States abstaining.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Resolution_478
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

He might well be. Now if he was a person who believed in killing people while maximising civilian casualties, that would be terrorism.
                    Must disagree with mod. Must disagree with mod.

I will find a reason. Eventually......

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      Might be nice if the Isrealites recognised the Palestinian state (then others might also), and a possible Capital of their own.

So sensible.

The Isrealites of European extraction - the rest are too busy fighting discrimination - tell the Palestinians that they can go to Jordan.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X