• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jerusalem is Israel's capital, says Donald Trump

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Delivering what you promise if it causes more conflict in an area and more people to suffer is not the right thing to do.

Just because things seem clear as a theory it does not mean they are viable in practice.
    I think the issue is, will it cause more conflict or will it focus people's minds? Time will tell.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Something to do with that, but more "taking great-grandad's land". Also, for some, something to do with the existence of Israel being viewed as a sign of the displeasure of Allah which will only be assuaged when Muslims once again dominate the area. Also to do with the relentless virulent propaganda they're exposed to.

Yeah - and getting fewer due to persecution from Islamists and Jewish extremists.

Jerusalem is the de facto capital of Israel, even if not internationally de jure.
      In Gaza maybe, I don't see any evidence on Palestinian Christian persecution given that many of the Palestinian leaders are Christian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Christians

The mayors of Ramallah, Birzeit, Bethlehem, Zababdeh, Jifna, Ein 'Arik, Aboud, Taybeh, Beit Jala and Beit Sahour are Christians. The Governor of Tubas, Marwan Tubassi, is a Christian. The former Palestinian representative to the United States, Afif Saffieh, is a Christian, as is the ambassador of the Palestinian Authority in France, Hind Khoury.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
        Opinions don't automatically deserve respect. I respect your right to have a different opinion but if the opinion is ridiculous then I'll call it out.
        You're the big man.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Ah, so more to do with the violent seizure of the land from the Jews many centuries earlier then?
          When did the Arabs violently seize the land from the Jews... are you thinking of the Romans by any chance? The Palestinians are the original inhabitants of the region, most just converted to Islam. The current occupiers of Israel are European Jews who have no connection to the region except through religion. Its the same as a British Christian claiming dominion over Israel for religious reason. Existing Palestinian Jewish populations in the country are discriminated against as well as Jews of colour from countries such as Ethiopia. There are classes of Jews in Israel and White Ashkenazi Jews (of European descent) run the country for their own benefit

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            You're the big man.
            Thanks

Comment

Someone is not allowing Trump to declare war on NK. So hes going to start on in the middle east instead. Which he will then finish. The only way he will get re-elected.

Comment

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
                When did the Arabs violently seize the land from the Jews... are you thinking of the Romans by any chance? The Palestinians are the original inhabitants of the region, most just converted to Islam. The current occupiers of Israel are European Jews who have no connection to the region except through religion. Its the same as a British Christian claiming dominion over Israel for religious reason. Existing Palestinian Jewish populations in the country are discriminated against as well as Jews of colour from countries such as Ethiopia. There are classes of Jews in Israel and White Ashkenazi Jews (of European descent) run the country for their own benefit
                In the 7th Century. There was a continued Jewish presence even after the Romans had got involved.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Ah, so more to do with the violent seizure of the land from the Jews many centuries earlier then?
                  It depends on how far in history one wants to refer to. You only need to read the Torah or Old Testament to read that the Jewish tribes came from what is modern day Iraq. The promised land (modern day Israel) was populated with evil people who had to be slain; that was OK because God gave the land to the Jews.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

In the 7th Century. There was a continued Jewish presence even after the Romans had got involved.
                    Quick google

History of the Jews and Judaism in the Land of Israel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...638–1099)

Islamic period

Under Islamic rule (638–1099)

In 638 CE, the Byzantine Empire lost the Levant to the Arab Islamic Empire. According to Moshe Gil, at the time of the Arab conquest in the 7th century, the majority of the population was Jewish or Samaritan.[3] According to one estimate, the Jews of Palestine numbered between 300,000 and 400,000 at the time.[70] After the conquest, the majority of the population (probably including many Jews[citation needed]) became Arabized in culture and language, many also adopting the new faith of Islam.[71] The Muslims continued to ban the building of new synagogues.[72] Until the Crusades took Palestine in 1099, various Muslim dynasties controlled Palestine. It was first ruled by the Medinah-based Rashidun Caliphs, then by the Damascus-based Umayyad Caliphate and after by the Baghdad-based Abbasid Caliphs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Someone is not allowing Trump to declare war on NK. So hes going to start on in the middle east instead. Which he will then finish. The only way he will get re-elected.
                      Wars are always good for beleaguered leaders of state which is why Bojo has decided to weigh in:

Boris Johnson says Britain must return to war zones in Middle East
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X