• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional working day - hang on now agency!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    If the op's end client has not specified hours, it sounds like a form-filling exercise, and will likely be ignored.
    At my current client, the end client said start at 8:30 am - I never have.
    Never trust an agency though. If after 8 months someone at client or agency wants to change from pwd with no hours listed to hours listed then I;m a bit wary.
    Last edited by psychocandy; 6 December 2017, 09:53.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Just because you don't like the response, doesn't mean it's not true
      Ah yes but most of the stuff in NLUKS head is a world where hes the head honcho consultant who knows it all and I'm 1st line desktop support helpdesk.

Not sure what he does but Im afraid I've never done 1st line support ever I'm afraid. At least if I'm going to get abuse then have some truth in it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Mine is per working day. No set time

In the office with contractors they’re in by 8.30/8.45 out by 5.15/5.30 so at least 8 hours with maybe 30 min lunch, quite a few doing 40 hours

In the channel isles it’s 9/9.15 - 4.45/5. God forbid anyone is there after 5.

I tend so sit in between the two for flexibility. I worked until 10 last night and started at 6am this morning finishing at 4 as I have a big presentation on Thursday. Everyone else will only work in core hours. Swings and roundabouts
        +1.

Generally I start around 8 and finish by 4:30.

Sometimes more, sometimes less, it depends on what I have to do.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Same old boring post from NLUK. Could just cut and paste same one every time.

If you really feel the need to abuse some one else to make yourself feel good, then crack on. Doing my bit for the nluk community.
          The irony is killing me. It's in response to the same old boring whinge from you which always get's moved to General (has this not dawned on you yet?) and get's the same level of piss take from everyone else, not me. Chirst, even JamesBrown has had a pop and he's one of the most laid back posters on the forum!

Posting dumb brain farts over and over is going to illicit the same responses over and over.

Didn't actually mention 1st line this time...

Never trust an agency though. If after 8 months someone at client or agency wants to change from pws with no hours listed to hours listed then I;m a bit wary.
          But WGAS? It's a form filling exercise for purchasing. It's got absolutely squat to do with what and how you do. And who the hell uses the lower figure. You say 7.5 to 8. They are just going to use the rounded number. It's just easier. You are never going to round it down when dealing with finance either, just asking for trouble. Why the hell are you getting so worked up about absolutely nothing.

IMO you are totally wrong in this case. Agent has just put 8 in because you mentioned it and it's easier to type in to their forms. Period.

And also the hours you work has no relation to accounting systems. They still have to count numbers for resource planning and budgets. Do you think someone is going to put the time you work in every day? Now that would wind you up. It's a professional working day because you can flex the time regardless what is on the system. The fact you can't even understand these basics questions the whole word professional in any of your posts.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 6 December 2017, 09:06.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ah yes but most of the stuff in NLUKS head is a world where hes the head honcho consultant who knows it all and I'm 1st line desktop support helpdesk.

Not sure what he does but Im afraid I've never done 1st line support ever I'm afraid. At least if I'm going to get abuse then have some truth in it.
            Not even when he was engaged as a 1st line support technician.

A simple adaptation of Carousel's "You'll Never Walk Alone" and it could be a musical:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Duw. Calm down a bit mun nluk you're head is going to explode butti!

Comment

Duw. Calm down a bit mun nluk you're head is going to explode butti!
                Rank stupidity tends to have that affect on me.

Now I know you don't know what PWD is I can calm down.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 6 December 2017, 10:08.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Rank stupidity tends to have that affect on me.

Now I know you don't know what PWD is I can calm down.
                  He was stuck at the P
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I work 8 hours a day and finds it quite enough

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      pwd is print working directory.....

My contract says 8 hrs a day, higher ups on site are telling me to put 7 hrs a day in the client time booking system because it looks to them like I'm claiming an hour a day overtime, but I just make sure I'm first in and last out, nowt much else to do around here.
                      I always thought it was Present working directory. My contract says nothing about working hours. But I generally do 9-5.30 or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X