• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professionalism and when it goes out the window.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professionalism and when it goes out the window.

How long after you terminate your contract do you start telling people how it is?

Gave notice a month ago and been loving it ever since! Not coming back so don't see the point of holding back.

What value does it add by saying it?

What do you get?

because in reality whatever you do it will always sound like sour grapes.

Comment

I start from the moment I join.

Sometimes I make like Suity and post it on CUK to give everyone a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by poorautojobber View Post
        How long after you terminate your contract do you start telling people how it is?

Gave notice a month ago and been loving it ever since! Not coming back so don't see the point of holding back.
        Stay professional, finish your notice period and move on.

Even though you may not intend to go back to that client, it's always possible you may end up working with people who were there.
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Never burn bridges. You never know who you'll end up seeing on another gig.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Ditto the above

Just smile and invoice then leave when your notice period is up. There's nothing to be gained by being a whiny bitch.

Remember: the people you stamp on when you're on your way up are all too happy to give you a good kick when you're on your way down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Never diss people on your way up, because you may meet them again on your way down

(although in my experience, one normally meets a new lot of people on the way down )
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by poorautojobber View Post

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I start from the moment I join.

Sometimes I make like Suity and post it on CUK to give everyone a laugh.
                WBPS. The real question is:

Originally posted by The real question
                How long after you start telling people how it is do you terminate your contract?
                18 to 24 months for me, typically.

Comment

Pointless to even bother because there is nothing to be gained from it for you.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Exactly. I am everyone's friend on site, even when I totally disagree with them. Well liked = ££££.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X