• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK faces two decades of no earnings growth, IFS warns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Unless we can arrange them to have a nuclear war first. Preferrably with China....
    It's a possibility.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...a-and-pakistan

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    India will be the richest country on the planet 100x over. Our govt will see to that...
    Unless we can arrange them to have a nuclear war first. Preferrably with China....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Only the ones who know how to automate.

In my experience most IT people are ****wit luddites without the imagination to realise that IT is all about making humans redundant.
    The human race has not got more than 100 years left. Robots will follow us.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    More jobs for IT people.....
    India will be the richest country on the planet 100x over. Our govt will see to that...

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Only the ones who know how to automate.

In my experience most IT people are ****wit luddites without the imagination to realise that IT is all about making humans redundant.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    If the worst we see is stagnation of earnings brought on by globalisation then I think we are doing OK.

My personal opinion is the next 10 - 15 years is going to be a total nightmare as automation increases.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    DIM's automated cUK posting robot began a few years ago. True...

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    If the worst we see is stagnation of earnings brought on by globalisation then I think we are doing OK.

My personal opinion is the next 10 - 15 years is going to be a total nightmare as automation increases.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Are you still holding out for the secret weapons to save you before the Soviet tanks break through?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X