• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FireFox 57

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean an adblock plugin?
    If I understand OH correctly, he wants to be able to click a button (or similar) that temporarily disables all links, video, and scripts on a page, thereby rendering it completely non-interactive other than scrolling. (Well, not quite: form submission would need to be disabled as well. Oh, and audio.)

He says nothing about ads, though most of them depend on scripts, so they'd get blocked as a pleasant side effect

Comment

Firefox 1982

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

beat me to it

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Binned FF for Chrome ages ago.
          Me too, though I do deploy U block origin and HTML 5 Blocker to stop the Daily Telegraph auto playing tons of animations and audio I just do not want to see/hear.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Me too, though I do deploy U block origin and HTML 5 Blocker to stop the Daily Telegraph auto playing tons of animations and audio I just do not want to see/hear.
            Hmm, might have to look into HTML 5 blocker - thanks. I use ADP, which works well, but those autoplays are irritating. There’s a number of news websites that are bad for that now.

Comment

I prefer Fox Force Five.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                I prefer Fox Force Five.
                Ketchup!!!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  beat me to it

So they've finally got round to making https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_Down

The book was surprisingly good, much better than the browser. Shame they never did a movie to back up the first one.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I'd like a simple (?) browser add-on that one could use to toggle scripting of a page off and back on, which includes disabling links and halting video playback, i.e. completely stopping the page in its tracks.

That way I can scan through the Daily Mail online main page without the perishing thing automatically refreshing itself when I'm half way through, or me accidently clicking a link or having distracting videos (mostly ads) playing away in the background pinching half the CP time
                    Safari with AdblockPlus (free) does that.
                    MailOnline home page: 27 blocks using ABP, no videos autoplaying, no sidebars, etc

Unfortunately Safari hasn't been updated for PCs in about 5 years so you won't get the good features.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Safari with AdblockPlus (free) does that.
                      MailOnline home page: 27 blocks using ABP, no videos autoplaying, no sidebars, etc
                      Firefox 57 has adblock and it has blocked loads of those annoying videos.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X