• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Billable Days Target for 2017 Jan - Dec

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Well, I suppose there's no risk of you lying on your death bed wishing you'd worked more days.
    Working from home allows for double billing so days worked is less - OP question was days billed!

I’m only 28, still plenty of life yet (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      Working from home allows for double billing so days worked is less - OP question was days billed!

I’m only 28, still plenty of life yet (probably)
      So you blatantly rip people off?
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        nah. that's just double bubble.

or in other words..... business...
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Are people still billing in sterling?
          as opposed to favours?

Comment

Seriously?

If project/client requirements and deliverables are all on time and on-spec, who cares if it takes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8 hours to do the work?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Seriously?

If project/client requirements and deliverables are all on time and on-spec, who cares if it takes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8 hours to do the work?
              Exactly... it's easier to get paid £400/day and get an agreed days work done in 4 hours than try to convince someone to pay me £800/day

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                Exactly... it's easier to get paid £400/day and get an agreed days work done in 4 hours than try to convince someone to pay me £800/day
                Thanks, that's why I asked.

Personally, currently, I wouldn't have the capacity to do much more in a day, but totally understand what you are getting at in monetary terms there
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just checked, I'm on 205 at the end of today, so reckon I'll come in 225/226. Happy with that.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Seriously?

Yup. If you can successfully two projects alongside each other and the client is satisfied with both the quantity and quality of work you are delivering each day/week then fair play. Unless you're charging an hourly rate, you should be focussed on results, not clock watching.

Comment

On target for 225 here, it's been a good year
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X