• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real Names in Forums

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Morning All,

real names in forums

we all grew up with the Data Protection Act, Privacy, pseudo names on the Internet

and today's generation have grown up with Facebook and no privacy and full visibility.

Could it ever happen that CUK would become like Facebook and everybody use their real names ?

If yes, would you share with the rest what your pseudo name was ? Or would you claim a different one ?

Who would associate my previous history with ? hmm, difficult thing really, who on CUK displays the exemplary behavior that you would associate your former self with, I guess the only answer is moi.

Milan.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

ok let's take it one level further

Imagine the Snowflakes and Millennials bought in a restrospective law where Forums PseudoNames have to be replaced with Real Names,
      and historical posts too

This would be fecking funny especially on here

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I wish I had that much hair on my head.
        Are you sure that's hair? It looks more like a white cat curled up asleep.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          And photo.
          If Woohoo ever comes on a meet he's gonna have to do his avatar and random times during the night! That would be excellent!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            If Woohoo ever comes on a meet he's gonna have to do his avatar and random times during the night! That would be excellent!
            Do I look like a ******* performing monkey!

Comment

Nah. Cos someone would go around and kick NLUKs head in if they knew who he was ;-)
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                ok let's take it one level further

Imagine the Snowflakes and Millennials bought in a restrospective law where Forums PseudoNames have to be replaced with Real Names,
                and historical posts too

This would be fecking funny especially on here

Milan.

Wouldn't work. Everyone is Spartacus and likes movies about gladiators.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Wouldn't work. Everyone is Spartacus and likes movies about gladiators.
                  you are mad dog mcgonagle and i claim my 10k reward

Comment

I used to use my real name but then got an email from the client company who check this site
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Nah. Cos someone would go around and kick NLUKs head in if they knew who he was ;-)
                      NLUK is a long way down the list.

Comment

Working...
                      X