• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour's sums don't add up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    That would make it much easier for you than to actually respond wouldn't it
    You are a student though, aren't you? It's obvious.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You are a student though, aren't you? It's obvious.
      No Sas, i'm not. So sorry to disappoint the voices in your head
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        Assumption 1: Everyone posting on CuK is a contractor
        Assumption 2: That Brexit will not require IT transformation projects
        Assumption 3: That the supposed high earners are seeking UK employment (SAS etc always say he's outta here soon cake & eat it?)
        Assumption 4: There is no IT skills shortage in the UK, which could worsen, leading to higher rates
        IT skills shortage in the UK will lead to higher immigration.

HTH

Comment

How many on here have real world experience in macro-economics are how many are code-monkeys?

Exactly

Sent from my Nokia 5110

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            IT skills shortage in the UK will lead to higher immigration.

HTH
            Those who are IT-skilled will find work and then, after any shortage is identified, skilled migrants immigrate

So basically no real change - and not the doom/gloom previously suggested? Excellent
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

It's becoming obvious that there are roughly 2 types of people on this forum, as in wider society: those who base their opinions on random brain farts and/or being brainwashed by the media OR those who examine the evidence and data.
              Malvolio, like most Brexiters, is in the former camp.
              OK, so now who's the moron.

If you can't argue your case, insult the poster. Great idea. Given the quality of your other utterances, perhaps you should look for a new hobby. Being a pointless troll isn't working out too well, is it?
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                OK, so now who's the moron.

If you can't argue your case, insult the poster. Great idea. Given the quality of your other utterances, perhaps you should look for a new hobby. Being a pointless troll isn't working out too well, is it?
                The case has been argued. Someone posted a link showing that the Tories have generated more debt on average for every year they’ve been in power than Labour.
                I note you ignored that, so thanks for proving my point.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Someone posted a link showing that the Tories have generated more debt on average for every year they’ve been in power than Labour.
                  THere is a world of difference between "generating debt" and "paying off the debts run up by the profligate previous administration" though.
                  You would realise that if your brain was not tinier than an ant's lunchbox.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The case has been argued. Someone posted a link showing that the Tories have generated more debt on average for every year they’ve been in power than Labour.
                    I note you ignored that, so thanks for proving my point.
                    That link was interesting, however - did it include PFI, as it was not abundantly explicit regarding that.

It would be perfectly reasonable to surmise, that the key differences between the types of spending (i.e. increased welfare vs tax cuts or whatever) are the only real difference between the parties, since more often than not - that link suggested both are very far from regularly paying down the deficit and/or the debt! In fact, they're both rubbish - but then, that's probably more a function of fractional reserve banking rather than an ideological inability to tackle it.
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

If anyone wants the objective facts, knock yourself out - otherwise carry on believing your brain farts and/or the 6 or 7 tax-exile billionaires who run the media in this country and have an interest in fostering a low tax, low wage economy:

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/7...our-1997-2010/
                      Did Labour over-spend? - BBC News
                      The Overspending Myth Finally Exposed By the IMF, OECD, Treasury, ONS, OBR and IFS
                      https://theconversation.com/fact-che...-control-41118
                      https://politicalsift.wordpress.com/...th-other-lies/
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X