• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Keyless entry hack - how serious is the issue..? What precaution you are taking?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    "Experts have said that motorists could store their keys in the fridge as this would block the signal"

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Recently lot of news on this, some scary stories as usual in DM!! (Luckily they haven't put all blames on Eastern European gangs yet!!)

Video reveals how a keyless car can be hacked in SECONDS | Daily Mail Online

After seeing some scary videos did some research and found a big industry is made around solution for this by marketing "Faraday Pouches" - Those who work in Mobile industry will not be surprised with this name!

So the question is how serious it is threat..? What pr-caution you are taking in Home, Office & in sopping centres..?
    I've got a fast car that could be exposed to this hack, so I bought a couple of signal-blocking cases recently off eBay/Amazon. They do the job just fine. You can literally walk right up to the car with the key in this case and the signal will remain blocked.

So, overnight I leave the key in this simple little case. I've put the spare key in one too.

Here's a link:
    RFID radiation protection bag for keyless keys car key signal blocker | eBay

In some cases you can go back to the dealer and ask them to code out the "comfort access" option.

Leave a comment:

• Elliegirl
    replied
    I bought a new car recently. I went old school; it doesn't have keyless entry. Too much technology scares me.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    So the question is how serious it is threat..? What pr-caution you are taking in Home, Office & in sopping centres..?

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    You could try camouflaging your car as a Trabant.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Drivers side is booby-trapped, 5 seconds to disarm...

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    The only precaution I take is a big steel filing cabinet, but it bugger to carry around.

Leave a comment:

• Car Keyless entry hack - how serious is the issue..? What precaution you are taking?

Recently lot of news on this, some scary stories as usual in DM!! (Luckily they haven't put all blames on Eastern European gangs yet!!)

Video reveals how a keyless car can be hacked in SECONDS | Daily Mail Online

After seeing some scary videos did some research and found a big industry is made around solution for this by marketing "Faraday Pouches" - Those who work in Mobile industry will not be surprised with this name!

Working...
X