• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend tax >> All Ltd Co contractors to payment on account....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Go home AtW, you’re drunk.
    I thought he was always drunk unless driving
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just wait till you see the end game...

HMRC want all money to be paid through them. They will automatically deduct their cash and give you the rest.

Trust them much?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I thought he was always drunk unless driving
        Not this month - fecking stopktober

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          Getting the £2k they owed me this year was like getting blood out of a stone.

First they issued a cheque which they promptly blocked, then they were doing a transfer into my account (that didn't happen) then I got another cheque. 3 months it took.

Kafkaesque is the word that springs to mind.
          Yes

Getting any money due from HMRC can be very time consuming, both in the length of wait, and the amount of energy you have to put into chasing them and complaining. Several years I have had to go through the full complaints process to get the money.

Comment

Thanks for confirming.

Pretty big win for hmrc then abolishing the dividend tax credit. Not only do they get greater tax receipts they also get them early.

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Just wait till you see the end game...

HMRC want all money to be paid through them. They will automatically deduct their cash and give you the rest.

Trust them much?
            Yes and from there just one small step to do away with this irritating take home pay altogether and enslave they masses into full blooded communism

Comment

Originally posted by MrC View Post
              Thanks for confirming.

Pretty big win for hmrc then abolishing the dividend tax credit. Not only do they get greater tax receipts they also get them early.

Yes and from there just one small step to do away with this irritating take home pay altogether and enslave they masses into full blooded communism
              Tories are no way left wing let alone Communist.

The problem for them, and all future UK governments, is the tax system was based on the majority of people being on PAYE in stable jobs. When you have too many high earners self-employed using dividends to pay themselves, plus too many low and middle income tax payers also on unstable temporary contracts then the total tax take is too small.

If the government wants to be harsh they could do what other European countries do and tax people the same no matter how they gain their income.

Comment

It's going to be quarterly returns soon - with payment of taxes for that quarter, they don't want to give credit where it's due

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  It's going to be quarterly returns soon - with payment of taxes for that quarter, they don't want to give credit where it's due
                  That will cause a massive feck up like with child tax credits.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Quarterly filing has been announced for some time now. Quarterly payment hasn't been announced yet.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X