• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stones - No Filter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stones - No Filter

Cheers to the crowd for making me feel so young.

And I'm not referring to the other crumblies.

A lot of the younger fans were wearing earplugs- WTF is that all about?

It was like a visit to the Emirates

Mick and the boys rocked though

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Apparently some of the designs have a hollow filter section so let enough of the sound through but stop the potentially ear damaging levels. Not sure how it affects sounds quality at concerts but at least the youngsters are valuing their hearing.

Tried a similar design when going through a whole range of earplugs for the biking. The ones with these filters in let too much wind noise through so I settled for a similar soft silicon design but with the filter stem blocked off. No more messing about rolling up foam ones that don't always stay in place when removing the helmet mid ride.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Could have done with some of those at ZeitSis's birthday party.

That band was seriously loud.

I think the Barrett is quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        As you get older, your hearing begins to be affected. Young folk want to mitigate that and protection from loud music can help. Since you're already old and a bit deaf, then it doesn't matter.

I SAID IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          As you get older, your hearing begins to be affected. Young folk want to mitigate that and protection from loud music can help. Since you're already old and a bit deaf, then it doesn't matter.

I SAID IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Ah...that must be why all the gigs seem so quiet these days.

Comment

Hearing loss from loud concerts must be bollox or all the Rolling Stones would be deaf by now.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I went deaf in my right ear for a week in 1979 due to Geddy Lee’s bass amplification

Comment

Working...
              X