• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blade Runner 2049

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Runner 2049

Saw it last night. Visually stunning and definitely a sequel to Blade Runner. Whether it will be a classic in the same way, only time will tell. I doubt it, but it's still worth watching.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Is it worth watching the original to get the storyline in mind or is that not really needed?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Is it worth watching the original to get the storyline in mind or is that not really needed?
      Have you never seen it then?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You have to watch all 2048 prequels or it won't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Have you never seen it then?
          I have but a long time ago. I just wondered if a refresher would help if it's a carry on... Or is it a standalone film based on the original?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It works standalone, but a refresher would probably be good. There's also some Blade Runner shorts which some people recommend watching first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMP1YpQSGhQ
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've only seen the first one. I'm not sure I have time to catch up on the other 2047 in the series before this one.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I thing The Final Cut version of the original would be the best one to give you the right background.

Comment

I have but a long time ago. I just wondered if a refresher would help if it's a carry on... Or is it a standalone film based on the original?
                  It’s a proper sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    You have to watch all 2048 prequels or it won't make any sense.
                    I saw Asian Housewives do Anal 3 before 1 and 2. They need to be seen in the right order too.

Comment

Working...
                    X