• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Argahhh! It's happening again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argahhh! It's happening again

Been offered another Pre-IPO Silicon Valley Company, contract to perm (try before you buy) gig with an offer of a great perm package and equity or a stupid rate if I want to stay a contractor, all with the same people as the last two.

I feel like I'm being groomed again.

What should I do?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What should I do?

Comment

either wgls or take the money and this time plan what to do when you've got it....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        What should I do?
        Pretend it's real and then regale us with the stories of exotic travel, first class flights, and going to the wrong airport.

(Only kidding, I know it's real - turn it down. You hated the last one, your kid needs you around, and it's not like it's the end of the world to stay here)
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Puberty?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If this is genuine I would consider moving to the US.
            Trump is temporary, but the damage Brexit will cause is permanent.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

But we all know you cant contract in US without at least a GC.....

Dont we?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                But we all know you cant contract in US without at least a GC.....

Dont we?
                If you're paid out of the UK you can travel there for 'meetings'

Comment

Rightio, now clientco has asked if I fancy becoming perm.

Never say never is my motto, but clientco has thrown an extra swerve ball into the usual calculation process which is

Do you want to be employed in the UK or in the Channel Islands? Whereby the Channel Islands is just 20% tax I also understand there may be some double bubble taxing issue, and I would only plan to stay there half the week(or 3 days). Anyone know Channel Island taxation?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    If this is genuine I would consider moving to the US.
                    Trump is temporary, but the damage Brexit will cause is permanent.
                    Yet more B***** pollution in general! -WTF???

Comment

Working...
                    X