• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The U.K.'s Economic Outlook Is Getting Rosier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know brexiteers hate the Independent (or most any newspaper) but its quote from Twitter is quite witty:

Brexit metaphor:
    I'm going to cancel Netflix and negotiate directly with each film producer to get the best deal for me and my family
    Last edited by Cirrus; 21 September 2017, 04:27.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Does it matter how people voted?

And people are really bored of AssGuru nonsense. Especially on CUK.
      FTFY
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

UK economy to slow rapidly in 2018

UK economy to slow rapidly in 2018 as hard Brexit looms, OECD forecasts

The OECD's headline projections, which are unchanged from its June forecasts, are based on the assumption that the UK leaves the European Union in March 2019 without a free trade deal with the rest of the bloc, and that the anticipation of this adverse outcome will undermine consumer and business confidence next year.

UK economy to slow rapidly in 2018 as hard Brexit looms, OECD forecasts | The Independent
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          UK economy to slow rapidly in 2018 as hard Brexit looms, OECD forecasts

UK economy to slow rapidly in 2018 as hard Brexit looms, OECD forecasts | The Independent
          Brexit isn't a complete disaster then.
          1% growth just means we'll become more like Italy.
          Minus the weather, great food and wine, style, interesting cars, beautiful women and med coastline.
          In any case they are already exporting more than us.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            I know brexiteers hate the Independant (or most any newspaper) but its quote from Twitter is quite witty:

Brexit metaphor:
            That's literally the most stupid quote ever.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              That's literally the most stupid quote ever.
              Ahem.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Ahem.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  But not on Europe though?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    But not on Europe though?

I'm still wondering what will happen to Angela Merkel at the next election. Radio 4 was talking about her this morning and making such a big point about how everyone loves her. Now we all know just how in tune our media is with the grass roots.

Anyone think its worth a little bet against her winning?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

I'm still wondering what will happen to Angela Merkel at the next election. Radio 4 was talking about her this morning and making such a big point about how everyone loves her. Now we all know just how in tune our media is with the grass roots.

Anyone think its worth a little bet against her winning?
                      I would put your life savings on her to lose. It's a dead cert, she's a dead woman walking.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X