• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    To be fair it is in professional - not sure how it hasn't been moved yet!
    You are likely to get a ban for irritating the mods if you ask for it to be moved so best to keep schtum.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Vodafone HQ parking question (Again!)

I can see VF HQ visitors car park is full every day! Too many visitors or unauthorized contractors parking @ HQ.? I think it is latter.I know many contractors regularly parking at HQ though they are not supposed to.

Anyone knows whats the disciplinary procedure if this rule is broken and illegal parking continued..? Will they sent emails or parking tickets if parked 'illegally' @ HQ? Thanks

Comment

They can tell you not to do it once via email and your manager, then terminate your contract.

Vodafone are quite hot on this.

I guess the question is, are you feeling lucky?

HTH.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Why do you care? A matter for Vodafone site services, I would have thought.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

He cares because he can’t park there but he sees others doing it.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If you do it once or twice no-one is going to question it, because after all you are a visitor, but you aint going to get away with it if you do it regularly.
              I have used visitor car parks but usually just in the first few days.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                They can tell you not to do it once via email and your manager, then terminate your contract.

HTH.
                Yes I am lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  If you do it once or twice no-one is going to question it, because after all you are a visitor, but you aint going to get away with it if you do it regularly.
                  I have used visitor car parks but usually just in the first few days.
                  OK. Good point. Thanks.

Comment

He cares because he can’t park there but he sees others doing it.
                    Yup.. looks like there are some loop holes that let's large number of contractors park there continuously without any trouble.

I can't imagine entire Visitors car park full every day. Either they don't have number recognition system or it is not working or it is done manually..? I have seen ticket like notice issued to cars parked on the way. Thanks.

Comment

HTH.
                      Really..? Majority of contractors will be booted out then

Comment

Working...
                      X