• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saving more on VAT and corporation tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by abc111 View Post
    hi
    i am a limited company and trying to find out ways to save the tax and maximise the take -home payment. Please would users suggest how to achieve it. my chartered accountant is cheap but somewhat useless.
    I would like to included items such as :
    car
    home
    electrical fixtures and services installation
    laptop and printer
    diesel/ fuel

please suggest
    thanks.
    I would (seriously) suggest above anything else find a new chartered accountant.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    hi
    i am a limited company and trying to find out ways to save the tax and maximise the take -home payment. Please would users suggest how to achieve it. my chartered accountant is cheap but somewhat useless.
    car
    home
    laptop and printer
    diesel/ fuel

please suggest
    thanks.
    How about:
    holidays
    clothes
    food
    school fees
    TV
    entertainment
    beer
    gifts

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    my chartered accountant is cheap but somewhat useless.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Your options are very simple. They are life style choices really.

a) As a very simple rule to saving tax using a Ltd: take out as little cash as is possible from the company. Wind it up n years later and enjoy the windfall.

b) Personally I'd rather live whilst I'm earning. That means paying tax. You could withdraw to the upper limit using a combination of dividends + minimum salary.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You read the newbies guide to the right and if you have any questions you use the search function in the welcome forums.

You also get yourself a good contractor accountant that uses FreeAgent. There is a stickied thread with accountant recommendations.

This is something you'll have to do. There is far too much for us to cover for you and we don't need to. Plenty of documentation for you to digest and your accountant to speak to.

Oh and google is your friend.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 2 October 2016, 18:28.

Leave a comment:

• abc111
    started a topic Saving more on VAT and corporation tax

Saving more on VAT and corporation tax

hi
    car
    home
    laptop and printer
    diesel/ fuel

please suggest
    thanks.

Working...
X