• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How big is your CV ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big is your CV ??

We had many threads on CV size, i have seen people repeatedly advocating for smaller CVs. So can we have a quick poll on years of experience (Y)& CV size in pages (P) you have now..? Thanks.

mine is..

18 (Y) - 5 (P)
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 25 August 2017, 22:22.

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    We had many threads on CV size, i have seen people repeatedly advocating for smaller CVs. So can we have a quick poll on years of experience (Y)& CV size in pages (P) you have now..? Thanks.

mine is..

18 (Y) - 5 (P)
    The testing market in the North is in the doldrums mate. Doesnt matter how many pages your cv is if it doesnt match the job requirements and 'buzz' words.

Less is more though.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
      The testing market in the North is in the doldrums mate. Doesnt matter how many pages your cv is if it doesnt match the job requirements and 'buzz' words.

Less is more though.
      trouble is if you want to get all buzz words of that role added to the CV (to get it shortlisted by the agency) then the CV size in will increase.

Comment

1-2 pages for 20 years. Buzzwords etc are meaningless. You need relationships
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

So if you've seen plenty of threads on CV sizes why don't you read them and you'll have your answer...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

4 pages 30 years.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Main CV is 9 pages 19 years. Luckily my CV goes to enough good companies with good people reading it who can decide for themselves to just read the first few pages if they're only interested in recent experience, or just skim it to pick up on certain experience, rather than binning it because they think it's too long. I have never had a problem landing roles. It's usually 7 or 8 so do need to summarise some of the older roles.
              I can conjure up a shorter version but hardly bother. I don't see any hard rules to follow with CV's. Different things will appeal to different people. Ie, you could tailor your CV to the role but there's a lot who will be impressed by experience they don't even need.
              Could retire soon so dont care if some bin it , *uck em :P
              Last edited by SuperZ; 26 August 2017, 07:56.

Comment

Thanks a lot. What we have seen so far doesn't conclude anything...Hope will get more feedback.

18 (Years) - 5 (Pages)
                30 (Years) - 4 (Pages)
                20 (Years) - 2 (Pages)
                19 (Years) - 9 (Pages)

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                  Thanks a lot. What we have seen so far doesn't conclude anything...Hope will get more feedback.

18 (Years) - 5 (Pages)
                  30 (Years) - 4 (Pages)
                  20 (Years) - 2 (Pages)
                  19 (Years) - 9 (Pages)
                  Maybe there is a clue just there .

Mine 25 years, 5 pages FWIW.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

21yrs - 3 pages (+ a 4th page of raw technologies listed for search engines, which worked well 10 years agon but I think I'm going to bin next time I'm looking).
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X