• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How big is your CV ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    13 years, 3 pages. No fluff, no hobbies, no education. First page is profile, qualifications and my last role. Second page is my contract/consultancy stuff. Third page covers my "old" permie history as otherwise it'd stop at like 2014 which is way too soon.

I put a lot of effort into keeping it as short and concise as I can - every bullet point is solid experience, skills summary is a true representation and the intro profile is very much my "elevator pitch"
    No education details..and no certification details..?
    After many years of experience these may not matter, but still most of clients mention that in their spec.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      45 years, 4 pages
      in IT....??

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        36 years and 6 pages long (used to be 13 but due to threads on here I cut it back a lot.) The German version is 12 pages long as they have really long words ...
        In IT..??

Comment

So far we have..

03 (Years) - 1 (Page)
          04 (Years) - 2 (Pages)
          10 (Years) - 2 (Pages)
          13 (Years) - 3 (Pages)
          18 (Years) - 5 (Pages)
          19 (Years) - 9 (Pages)
          20 (Years) - 2 (Pages)
          20 (Years) - 3 (Pages)
          20 (Years) - 4 (Pages)
          21 (Years) - 4 (Pages)
          22 (Years) - 3 (Pages)
          25 (Years) - 3 (Pages)
          25 (Years) - 3 (Pages)
          30 (Years) - 4 (Pages)
          36 (Years) - 6 (Pages)
          45 (Years) - 4 (Pages)

Comment

So what's your confusion or are you just going to do carry this pointless exercise on forever?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
              No education details..and no certification details..?
              After many years of experience these may not matter, but still most of clients mention that in their spec.
              I meant stuff like school and college - I've got technical qualifications/certifications that I put on, but everything from when I was <18 is just fluff IMHO. Can't say I've ever applied to a contract job where anyone mentioned GCSE's or Degrees.

A smidge different in permie land, I'll grant you, but I'm still not filling my CV with that nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                So what's your confusion or are you just going to do carry this pointless exercise on forever?
                It would have been interesting to see the range of CV lengths. But all that is lost against the backdrop of OP trying to find yet another excuse as to why he hasn't landed a contract.

OP, small hint just in case it hasn't been painfully obvious yet. The length of your (yes yours) CV has nothing to do with you getting a contract or not.

The caveat to the above statement is that your CV isn't a ridiculous lenght like 25+ pages long.

Comment

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
                  It would have been interesting to see the range of CV lengths. But all that is lost against the backdrop of OP trying to find yet another excuse as to why he hasn't landed a contract.

OP, small hint just in case it hasn't been painfully obvious yet. The length of your (yes yours) CV has nothing to do with you getting a contract or not.

The caveat to the above statement is that your CV isn't a ridiculous lenght like 25+ pages long.
                  Yes, one by one I am ruling out the possible causes so that finally I can nail the real reason! Sure it will help others as well.

Comment

Yes, one by one I am ruling out the possible causes so that finally I can nail the real reason! Sure it will help others as well.
                    Looks like you've ruled out the following so far, what others do you need to rule out?
                    • Length of CV
                    • Personalising each application on jobserve
                    • Agency getting lions share of commission
                    • Doing your own accounting
                    • "Tweaking" job title to match the role applying for
                    • Being too experienced/senior for all the roles
                    • The UK in general (not much more luck in holland or ireland)
                    • Not being the best pal of both parties
                    • Permie managers inferiority complex
                    • Old tricks not working
                    • Using google to answer online tests
                    • Not wearing a suit and tie for interviews
                    • Using a blackberry instead of a modern smartphone

Comment

Have you a mirror?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X