• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

He's Arrested

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's Arrested

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Really.......

Why I am sceptical?
    Because you rely on the Daily Mail for your "facts"?

Edit: and the Express....
    Last edited by meridian; 12 August 2017, 23:19.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Really.......

Why I am sceptical?
      Because you haven't the wit to separate fact from fiction?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        What a load of fu***ng rubbish.

As a runner you move at a minimum of twice the speed of a walker - and that is a slow runner.

Therefore you can easily side step them.

Also if he was trying to get her to move out of the way he should have just run straight into her with his arms in normal position, then apologised when she fell backwards. She would have then learnt to avoid runners....

And no I haven't knocked people over though I've been tempted by two cyclists who were both not British. The British ones look guilty when I give them the "get off the fecking pavement" stare.
        Watch your language babe.

As a runner you do not own the pavement. The pavement is for walkers. Running should be done on quiet roads where you do not endanger walkers who may have bad eyesight or slow reactions, or may be old or infirm.

That said, some people think that as runners, they have the same pavement rights as these pedestrians. So they assert their rights by not moving out of the way for walkers until the very last minute. She called his bluff. He looks like a podgy middle aged cuck woman hater. I bet he lost his rag and gave her what for in a pathetic feeble attempt at asserting himself over the weaker sex. But she could have easily dropped her shoulder to gesture the pass by.

I note on the other thread that you like to look at well endowed men wearing Lycra. This guy was wearing floppy shorts to hide his chipolata. Is that why you have taken a dislike to him? Because he cannot possibly be of any use to you? If he was wearing Lycra with half a foot bouncing around would you have blamed the woman for not looking where she was going? I sense a double standard here Sue. A long and thick one.

Comment

Ooh - condescension and insults to Sue and the pedestrian in one thread.

Here's a male chauvinist troll in action.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Because you rely on the Daily Mail for your "facts"?

Edit: and the Express....
            OK so why did the police search this guys house- what evidence did they have to say it was him?

That was all I was really asking?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Ooh - condescension and insults to Sue and the pedestrian in one thread.

Here's a male chauvinist troll in action.
              You get to expect it on here.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Metropolitan Police has since confirmed officers did not check whether or not Mr Bellquist was in the country at the time of the incident before his arrest, nor that they checked his running routes.

Mr Bellquist has one preferred route he always takes from Sloane Square to Battersea Park, some three-and-a-half miles from Putney

Mr Bellquist currently represents Hutton Collins on the boards of Byron Hamburgers and was responsible for the firm's investment in Caffè Nero
                Prior to Hutton Collins, Mr Bellquist worked in the European Leveraged Finance and Sponsor Coverage group at Lehman Brothers. He is a graduate from the University of Colorado at Boulder
                Millionaire banker Eric Bellquist has received death threats and been forced to hire a bodyguard after he was wrongly detained

Prior to his current position at Hutton Collins, Mr Bellquist worked in the European Leveraged Finance and Sponsor Coverage group at Lehman Brothers

Mr Bellquist was dramatically hauled away in handcuffs from his home in west London last week after police released CCTV footage of the incident and appealed for members of the public to identify the jogger.

Asked whether the force would be issuing an apology to Mr Bellquist, a spokesman said last night: ‘There were reasonable grounds to arrest the man in connection with this offence.

‘He was subsequently released with no further action to be taken.’
                Let me guess he used to date the woman pushed over?

You aren't allowed to stop & search but you are allowed to go all 'Sweeny' on bankers. Get yer trousers on yer nicked... I mean its not as if he is a flight risk.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Let me guess he used to date the woman pushed over?
                  The prime suspects in violence cases against women are men they use to go out with.

You aren't allowed to stop & search but you are allowed to go all 'Sweeny' on bankers. Get yer trousers on yer nicked... I mean its not as if he is a flight risk.
                  Unfortunately some people think it's OK to abuse someone the police arrested. The press are now careful after a chef was murdered and her landlord was wrongly vilified in the newspapers before the police released him. He rightly sued them.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    The prime suspects in violence cases against women are men they use to go out with.

Unfortunately some people think it's OK to abuse someone the police arrested. The press are now careful after a chef was murdered and her landlord was wrongly vilified in the newspapers before the police released him. He rightly sued them.
                    In non 'acquisitive',Domestic or non sexual cases possibly.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...exual-offences

Women were more likely than men to have experienced domestic or sexual violence - 3% of women had experienced some form of sexual assault (including attempts) in the past year, compared with 0.3% of men according to the CSEW 2011/12.

The difference between women and men was narrower when looking at victims of domestic abuse, which includes sexual and non-sexual abuse. 7.3% of women (1.2m) and 5% of men (800,000) reported having experienced domestic abuse in the last year.
                    so its 10:1 if the attacker wants something but very close where one of the 2 parties jut gets violent.

The point I was making about the arrest was they failed to investigate the basics and then did a 'drug bust' style swoop to try and make the Guy look guilty. If they had politely asked him to help with their enquiries as he was unlikely to be armed or a flight risk then everything would have been a lot smoother.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The point I was making about the arrest was they failed to investigate the basics and then did a 'drug bust' style swoop to try and make the Guy look guilty. If they had politely asked him to help with their enquiries as he was unlikely to be armed or a flight risk then everything would have been a lot smoother.
                      It's now a high profile case so the police are going for broke to get a result.

Comment

Working...
                      X