• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to commit career suicide - moan about diversity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    There is part of me which says he should be able to sue them.

Freedom of speech.
    He can sue. However he should not be able to win.

Some things you should not be able to speak about. Encouraging terrorism or FGM for example.

Sexist or racist troglodytes need to be wiped out. Starting with every family court judge.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      20 minutes long! I watched the first minute and fell asleep.

Can you summarise please?
      Everything he said was backed up by references to scientific sources, he was not wrong, left wing sjw bias is why he was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        He can sue. However he should not be able to win.

Some things you should not be able to speak about. Encouraging terrorism or FGM for example.

Sexist or racist troglodytes need to be wiped out. Starting with every family court judge.
        Apparently not.

http://time.com/money/4891126/why-fr...engineers-job/

This has just appeared in my google news feed.

Which apart from making me don my tin foil helmet has also taught me something.

I guess every day really is a school day.

😁

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
          Everything he said was backed up by references to scientific sources, he was not wrong, left wing sjw bias is why he was fired.
          What references?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            What references?
            This is a link to the original:

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
              This is a link to the original:
              WTF!!!!! Are links being censored here now?

Comment

One of the guys he mentions says he's talking tulip*- https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ex-differences

*My terminology for "my research doesn't back that up"
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Apparently not.

http://time.com/money/4891126/why-fr...engineers-job/

This has just appeared in my google news feed.

Which apart from making me don my tin foil helmet has also taught me something.

I guess every day really is a school day.

😁
                  If he did that in the UK he would be sacked for damaging the company's reputation.

Most employees now have written into their contracts that if you do something in public the employer doesn't like you can be sacked. So whether your commit a crime or send out a stupid tweet they can sack you.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    If he did that in the UK he would be sacked for damaging the company's reputation.

Most employees now have written into their contracts that if you do something in public the employer doesn't like you can be sacked. So whether your commit a crime or send out a stupid tweet they can sack you.
                    Ah, given that the President of the USA is supposedly the servant of the people, and only one in three of his employers approve of him, and his cofefehve tweets rarely make grammatical, never mind epistemological sense, are his days numbered?

Or is it one law for the serially bankrupt son of a dubious property mogul and another for the fools that voted for him?
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                      Ah, given that the President of the USA is supposedly the servant of the people, and only one in three of his employers approve of him, and his cofefehve tweets rarely make grammatical, never mind epistemological sense, are his days numbered?

Or is it one law for the serially bankrupt son of a dubious property mogul and another for the fools that voted for him?
                      The latter.

Elected officials can say nasty things and not be removed.

Comment

Working...
                      X