• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to commit career suicide - moan about diversity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its Endemic

Britain's most PC PC faces ridicule | Daily Mail Online

Britain's most PC PC faces ridicule for warning High Street shops that 'feminine care' signs on women's sanitary products breach gender equality rules
    Sgt Peter Allan branded 'meddlesome' for saying store signs are discriminatory
    He tweeted Sainsbury's a pictured of 'feminine care' shelves in one of its stores
    He said said: 'It's an issue of gender identity. Men may perhaps use the products'
    Sergeant also tweeted Tesco over their signage above feminine sanitary items
    But the PC sergeant was blasted for being over-officious and meddlesome

Maybe he's just frustrated because his children don't spoil him enough on Father's Day....

Comment

This thread is full of deluded stories of racists and sexist MF.

Jesus Christ!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        This thread is full of deluded stories of racists and sexist MF.

Jesus Christ!!!
        At least we are not blasphemers

😈

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          At least we are not blasphemers

😈
          God damnit!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Job applications could use the 'Blind Application' approach, that way fairness is ensured. You have to make your application process blind, which erases your identity, your gender, your age from your submission. A good example is one of the most watched TV shows in the USA which used this approach (actually, most of them do.) As a result half of the staff are women and one-third are non-white which shows that prejudices are mainly made in other ways.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3057631/...hould-consider

What Is Blind Hiring and Should You Use It in Your Hiring Process?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Job applications could use the 'Blind Application' approach, that way fairness is ensured. You have to make your application process blind, which erases your identity, your gender, your age from your submission. A good example is one of the most watched TV shows in the USA which used this approach (actually, most of them do.) As a result half of the staff are women and one-third are non-white which shows that prejudices are mainly made in other ways.
              There's now an app for that....

The HR process is filled with bias, and SAP is selling tech to change that | Quartz

In an effort to recruit more diverse workforces, companies have hired chief diversity officers, set solid goals, and installed new policies that aim to curb bias. One of the largest enterprise software companies in the world is making a case that technology can help, too.

SAP last year committed to building software capabilities that “improve workplace diversity.” Within the coming months, it plans to add two new anti-bias features as options in its HR software suite, which is used at 6,200 companies to manage processes such as recruitment, performance reviews, and payroll.

Comment

The preview posts remembered me an article that I read using blind review. This article does not mention the gender of the teachers, but I read one that the gender were women. Not surprised because women discriminate women.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

In math, the girls outscored the boys in the exam graded anonymously, but the boys outscored the girls when graded by teachers who knew their names. The effect was not the same for tests on other subjects, like English and Hebrew. The researchers concluded that in math and science, the teachers overestimated the boys' abilities and underestimated the girls', and that this had long-term effects on students' attitudes toward the subjects.
                Scary

Comment

Perhaps I should point out that I think that for all but a few applications, studying a degree for IT is a complete waste of time perpetuated only to serve universities. It should be GCSE + BTEC then apprenticeship to learn the trade. IT is a practical subject and should be taught as such. Why anyone thinks it's a good use of time to spend three years learning a paper course while the industry completely redesigns itself probably doesn't get IT. Further more for those espousing Maths at A and above. the City was more than happy taking traders on at eighteen with only a GCSE maths to hand. Frankly the candidates own performance would self select them for greatness. The whole push to degrees as an entry point was just the latest exclusionary tactic to ensure that companies had little true diversity and everyone sat like a good little drone. I think the problem started with HR degrees

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Funny that the cartoon shows a gentle, whimsical Millennium diverging from that view, where in my experience it would be him who suggests diversity. It's normally the chairman (over 40, bulging eyes) who opposes it...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X