• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK economy is about to surge back to life, says leading forecaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    - hold that thought... Youtube is full of peeps complaining about reliability and build quality. Doors not closing in the same position, replacing failed parts 2-3 months later. So in built design issues not just failing replaceable parts. They're doing an excellent PR job covering up the issues. There's also a number of programs about the workers in Tesla doing insane shifts, up to 22 hours. Little wonder there's issues. Whereas in Germany there's strict controls on working hours or rather respect for them.

The German car industry is built on quality, the yanks are nowhere near matching that level of process experience and it shows.

That's the model X not the model 3 - which is specifically aimed at the mid range commuter/rep mobile 320D (and equivalent Audi's and Merc's)

Comment

I think point made here is it takes time to produce quality through experience, you can't just wake up one day and 'make it happen' - I remember the quality of widgets I used to oversee from China for a supplier in the UK near 20 year ago, it was awful. But now my goodness they're fast catching up and easily exceeding what US manufacturers can produce.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Brexit is like Dunkirk

It certainly is

Dunkirk was the biggest defeat in the history of the British army, they fled albeit successfully the battle field.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Brexit is like Dunkirk

It certainly is

Dunkirk was the biggest defeat in the history of the British army, they fled albeit successfully the battle field.
          Came back a few years later though.

Good thing we did or we would not be posting on a forum - because most of us would be dead and freedom of speech would not be a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            That's the model X not the model 3 - which is specifically aimed at the mid range commuter/rep mobile 320D (and equivalent Audi's and Merc's)
            Doh - same issues are to found throughout the brand.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              It is a big step forward.

In 1997 almost all cameras were analog. 10 years later almost all were digital.
              Apples and oranges. With cameras digital was a clear improvement for the mass market - eliminates the consumable, offers picture preview/review so you can re-take a snap if someone blinked etc. you can easily print pictures at home etc.

With car controls it's a bit different, no physical knobs means you have to look away from the road to the tablet (how is this going to play with some States that have recently passed anti driver distraction laws remains to be seen). Also single point of failure and thief magnet.

Besides I wasn't inferring to the transition from analogue controls to tablet, but the implementation in Model 3, in model S it's elegant and stylish, in Model 3 it's like some yob duct-taped an iPad to the dashboard

Comment

Doh - same issues are to found throughout the brand.
                Indeed - much like the 'emissions' scandal racing through the german car industry right now!

Comment

I think point made here is it takes time to produce quality through experience, you can't just wake up one day and 'make it happen' - I remember the quality of widgets I used to oversee from China for a supplier in the UK near 20 year ago, it was awful. But now my goodness they're fast catching up and easily exceeding what US manufacturers can produce.
                  Yes of course there is no way a new manufacturer can establish quality in a factory without waiting 20 years to do it.

I mean all that expertise is not documented or waiting to be hired.

You do talk some tulip.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Indeed - much like the 'emissions' scandal racing through the german car industry right now!
                    I think that needs more emphasis.

And that wasn't a failure to manufacture at top level that was deliberate fraud.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Brexit is like Dunkirk

It certainly is

Initial setbacks followed by final victory is traditional for the British:

* 1415 - The death march from Harfleur across Northern France, before the Battle of Agincourt

* 1815 - A thrashing for the British at Quatre Bras, before our victory at Waterloo

* 1914 - The Retreat to the Marne, when the Germans chased the British Expeditionary Force almost to Paris

* 1940 - Dunkirk

* 1942 - Rommel's campaign in North Africa, prior to El Alamein

::: etc :::
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X