• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain’s Long Economic Nightmare Is Finally Over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    How much does the UK, which is pegged to a single currency, owe?
    Whats your point, im talking about the Euro. My point is that money is being poured into these countries to sustain them and to sustain the Euro. Their population have had wage cuts - mostly. So the Euro is not a success. Unemployment is incredibly high.

Comment

Portugal, Spain and Ireland have received nothing since the last 5 years and are running deficits lower than the UK, even Greece can now issue bonds on the international markets.

The only currency in danger of splitting up is the pound, when Scotland leaves.

It is quite amusing reading all the doom and gloom from the British press about the Eurozone, when it is the UK that is collapsing.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Portugal, Spain and Ireland have received nothing since the last 5 years and are running deficits lower than the UK, even Greece can now issue bonds on the international markets.

It is quite amusing reading all the doom and gloom from the British press about the Eurozone, when it is the UK that is collapsing.

Both the UK and Euro land are in the tulip. Which one goes pop first is anyone's guess.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Euro = cheaper exports for Germany, whilst making Italy and Spain less competitive.

No way to go back to old currency so future is fiscal union with currency transfers from North to South.

Comment

Part of the deal of selling cheap BMWs to the Chinese is to stump up the money to the euro countries who enable you to sell so cheaply

Comment

well that made me laugh, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                Euro = cheaper exports for Germany, whilst making Italy and Spain less competitive.

No way to go back to old currency so future is fiscal union with currency transfers from North to South.
                Thats the only way i can see the euro surviving but i just cant see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                  Euro = cheaper exports for every country in Europe that is in the Eurozone but more expensive for those that aren't.
                  FTFY
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Spain is growing faster than Germany, which kind of destroys the myth that Euro only benefits Germany. Fiscal transfers are not necessary.

The only country in Europe that will be in need of fiscal transfers will be the UK as the economy collapses.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Spain is growing faster than Germany, which kind of destroys the myth that Euro only benefits Germany. Fiscal transfers are not necessary.

The only country in Europe that will be in need of fiscal transfers will be the UK as the economy collapses.

Strange argument, i really hope you are not a developer because your logic is poor.

Comment

Working...
                      X