• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from home, less productive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Due to the stupid new German labour laws which includes contractors, I have to work from home now and I've never done so many hours, getting lots done though...
    I don't know labour laws in Germany so what do you mean you have to work from home?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I don't know labour laws in Germany so what do you mean you have to work from home?
      Maybe he as the German equivalent of an ASBO
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

WFH is an excellent chance to multi-task - I can catch up on Judge Rinder whilst delivering the needful
        TBH, I think I am only in ClientCo offices as eye candy
        latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          People are more productive if they understand what they are supposed to be doing and why.

If you get that bit right where they are physically located makes no difference.
          Exactly...
          one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
            WFH is an excellent chance to multi-task - I can catch up on Judge Rinder whilst delivering the needful
            TBH, I think I am only in ClientCo offices as eye candy
            And you watch Rinder for the same reason?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
              I can catch up on Judge Rinder
              Upgrade to Judge Judy...
              one day at a time

Comment

If I have a big chunk of writing to do, I do this from home as it's a very efficient way of working.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  And you watch Rinder for the same reason?
                  Not really, no.......just the larks

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  Upgrade to Judge Judy...
                  Now there was a great show....
                  latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    ANÜ (Arbeitnehmerüberlassung - Arbeitnehmerüberlassung - Englisch-Übersetzung – Linguee Wörterbuch). Basically companies like Daimler Benz, Siemens, Porsche, etc. had a lot of people working who were doing positions that normally a permie should do but were employed as freelancers in order for the companies to get around certain taxes and social payments. The government decided to stop this, which is okay, but they wrote the law so that it effects everyone who works as a freelancer. Even though we were outside of the law in the first place (i.e. own office, no meetings where company business was discussed and so on, basically a separate entity) many companies are afraid of being audited and found breaking the law (it really has been stupidly written.) One way round is for WFH...This came in 1/4 and so far I've had my contract 'terminated' 3 times and then continued working (the company have no real idea of what they are doing and around 80 other contractors got their contracts either terminated or had to go into a kind of disguised employment contract, like an FTC.) Mine was set to run until end of the year but now looks like end of September but have had another offer and just waiting for the paperwork and luckily I do more than one contract concurrently...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                      Upgrade to Judge Judy...
                      Sexist!

Judy is actually a judge in real life.

Rinder is only a barrister.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X