• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the EU love in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Bollox.

BTW. We were and are controlling our own boarders. For example, at the height of Polish immigration the Home Office were sending back one plane load of Polish back to Poland each week (another EU country). Its all a matter of the will to do it.
    Four Thousand African Migrants Picked Up off Libyan Coast, Shuttled to Italy

That was one story for one day in the EU, there have been hundreds of others, now can you tell me if the EU have control of this situation? Freedom of movement for our existing EU citizens is one thing but giving it to everyone on planet earth is another.

All you need to do is turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
      You seem to be labouring under the delusion that a decision to remain was a vote for the status quo, it was not.

The direction of travel with this is clear and inexorable, ever closer political union and what areas of control we do have over taxation, defence and foreign affairs are all part of the program of integration.

From the treaty of Maastricht to the treaty of Lisbon, at every single point the UK government has had an opportunity to retain sovereignty it has given it away, without asking the UK electorate. Without the decision on June last year I see no reason why that would have changed.
      Well the UK is now heading for the EEA so instead of being able to shape the EU, once it is in the EEA it will have to kow tow to all regulations, so you will have even less contol.

Just check out Norway. Just because you're not in the EU doesn't mean it won't dominate your life.

Cuba isn't part of the US, but the US still controls Cuba's economy more than Cuba can control its own economy and in a very negative way.

As Jamie Dimon says, it's the EU who will decide how many jobs JP Morgan will retain in the UK not the UK.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Maybe because we did not need it.....
        That's not the point. We believe an attack on one is an attack on all. We did need help in logistics, etc. I still believe that we should have had more support. I don't believe that NATO will work as we expect when it is truly pushed.

But this has nothing to do with Brexit.
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
          Four Thousand African Migrants Picked Up off Libyan Coast, Shuttled to Italy

That was one story for one day in the EU, there have been hundreds of others, now can you tell me if the EU have control of this situation? Freedom of movement for our existing EU citizens is one thing but giving it to everyone on planet earth is another.

All you need to do is turn up.
          When the UK leaves the EU they can still turn up to the UK border, with exactly the same rights as they had before. In any case it looks like France is going to move the UK border in Calais back to the UK, so they will be flooding into the UK. An illegal immigrant or asylum seeker won't care about the Brexit negotiations.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            You KEEP saying that, yet there is scant evidence to support the notion.

But keep it coming, it is comedy gold.

My point proven.

Dickwad.
            Beer
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Coming from the greatest thinker alive. You can barely manage moderating, something which is usually given to the person that has nothing better to do.

I have to agree with you about Scooterscot, he is a silly billy.
              And again.
              Beer
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                No Brexiters are the same race. The thick as mince 50% of the race.
                And just for impartiality.

Point proven again.

Dickwad
                Beer
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  When the UK leaves the EU they can still turn up to the UK border, with exactly the same rights as they had before. In any case it looks like France is going to move the UK border in Calais back to the UK, so they will be flooding into the UK. An illegal immigrant or asylum seeker won't care about the Brexit negotiations.

No they don't.

We have no obligation to do anything but turn them away from our shores.

And if France let people without the correct paperwork to board ferries to the uk then they need to understand they will be back on the same boat.

Until such time as we need to defend the boarders with deadly force.

And when that word gets out they will stop trying to get into the UK.

Now expand to the southern European countries and maybe you can understand.

But probably not.
                  Last edited by original PM; 13 July 2017, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    No they don't.

We have no obligation to do anything but turn them away from our shores.

And if France let people without the correct paperwork to board ferries to the uk then they need to understand they will be back on the same boat.

Until such time as we need to defend the boarders with deadly force.
                    You can do that now.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      You can do that now.
                      No we can't if they have gained eu citizenship in mainland Europe.

Comment

Working...
                      X