• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the EU love in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The reality" is something that you have little grasp of. It's an excuse for you to put in theories/lies/hyperbole/emotive words that are vague enough that if you were challenged you would claim they didn't mean what most people would interpret them to mean.

Has anyone explained to the haters of all things European that one of the terrible things the UK will no longer be part of when we leave the EU is Open Skies?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
      This is just more breathless hyperbole from remain, no one is saying Germany is evil or it was their intention to become the dominant power in the EU. It is just a natural outcome of being the largest most powerful nation in the block. The reality however can not be denied, whatever the reasons, the EU is now nothing more than a German run club with member states reduced to the status of vassals.

Any further integration will happen on German terms to ensure their dominance.
      Let's just say you're right (I don't think you are).
      Even then, provided we (1) are removed from further political union (which was agreed by the EU) and (2) have our own currency so monetray policy can be decided by us , why shot ourselves in the foot economically by withdrawing now?
      This sovereignty argument is BS. As long as the Germans aren't deploying PAnzers any country can leave at any time.

And not only does it hurt us economically, politically British policy has always been to counter German dominance in Europe.
      This reverses several centuries of foreign policy.
      Ironically Britain was willing to intervene in Europe and spill blood to save Poland in 1939 and now we've decided to leave Europe to stop some Poles coming over.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'll just put the thread back on message before we waste more of our "breath", because this isn't about ECB financial policy is it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Cut through 12 pages of this. Answer is self interest.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I'll just put the thread back on message before we waste more of our "breath", because this isn't about ECB financial policy is it.

Are you stereotyping brexiters as racists?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

ANd it was the simpleton Brexiteers that didn't understand that the UK already had control over their own borders as it had stayed outside of the Schengen treaty

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                ANd it was the simpleton Brexiteers that didn't understand that the UK already had control over their own borders as it had stayed outside of the Schengen treaty
                Surely you mean our borders?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  "The reality" is something that you have little grasp of. It's an excuse for you to put in theories/lies/hyperbole/emotive words that are vague enough that if you were challenged you would claim they didn't mean what most people would interpret them to mean.

Has anyone explained to the haters of all things European that one of the terrible things the UK will no longer be part of when we leave the EU is Open Skies?
                  From your first reply:

"It's not about "loving" the EU, it's about not hating everyone who isn't British."

Your hardly innocent in this regard yourself. I would propose that these are "emotive words" not facts, and ones I've heard a lot from remainers that anyone who voted leave was some xenophobic little Englander.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Cut through 12 pages of this. Answer is self interest.
                    I think we have a winner.

Comment

Even after a whole year, there is nothing to say what Brexit will look like, or how many years it will take.

It's not going to be what the yes voters thought they were going to get.

It is increasingly likely that Brexit will never happen. The tide has turned already. Admittedly it's not the time to start putting money on anything down at William Hill but the anti-leave tendency has been getting stronger. At some point the remaining yes voters will realise they simply have no chance of avoiding paying a lot of money and at the same time suffering significant trading penalties. There will be an outcry at how the scummy Europeans have double-crossed us, which proved the leavers were right all along, but then those self same people will give in to minimise the pain. They'll grumpily realise whilst they're entitled to nirvana, it ain't coming via this route.

In the meantime it's just a case of wait-and-see. Presumably the Government will get its act together at some stage, although why Boris Johnson was ever invited to participate in a responsible role, and remains so, mystifies me.
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X