• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying Cash in Hand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Fecking racist. My Polish builder is so proud of living in Britain he pays the right taxes. There as my British fencer openly admitted screwing the taxman.
    Strange .. the Polish workers who were somehow engaged at a recent Data Centre build were quite open about abusing the family allowance for non existent kids back in Poland, their view was if they could get away with it then why not

You must have a different kind of Polish builder
    Last edited by Troll; 12 July 2017, 18:19.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Strange .. the Polish workers who were somehow engaged at a recent Data Centre build were quiet open about abusing the family allowance for non existent kids back in Poland, their view was if they could get away with it then why not

You must have a different kind of Polish builder
      His kids are at school in the UK.

He basically bought a falling apart house did it up, and used it to get more work.

From the looks of things he intended to stay here hence not ripping of HMRC.

Anyway like British people not everyone who is Polish is the same.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        I'd hate to live in any country with you
        FTFY
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          They don't (or shouldn't) for a basic bank account though.
          The money laundering rules make it very difficult to open a bank account without several forms of ID, so for anyone starting out or doing occasional small jobs, cash seems the easiest option. If it saves me the VAT, so much the better. I have no idea how much it costs to get one of those terminals to take card payments, but I bet they ain't cheap, so bollocks to the tosser who wrote this crap report, but I hope it didn't cost the taxpayer too much.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Interesting how a government initiative to protect workers just ends up being a tax grab....
            How true. I wonder if they'll adopt the IR35 attitude to "disguised employment" (worker pays all the taxes, including employers NI?) That'll push the rates for Uber and Deliveroo into the realms of nonviable. My fiver says they won't...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Has it ever occurred to you that if the NHS was privatized and people paid for their own health insurance, the state wouldn't need to worry about any of this nannying?
              Paid out of what? with rising zero hours contracts, pay freezes and unstable forms of employment growing? and what happens to people with chronic illnesses?

Nah. Clear off out of it.

Comment

So how am I supposed to pay the local brass without cash?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  So how am I supposed to pay the local brass without cash?
                  cash for handjob?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Don't the banks take a fee for using those card machines?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                      Don't the banks take a fee for using those card machines?
                      Yep.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X