• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Careful when you drive too close to that cyclist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful when you drive too close to that cyclist

Birmingham trucker fined for driving too close to cyclist after undercover police operation - Birmingham Mail

Undercover police posing as cyclists catch trucker | Daily Mail Online

Shame they weren't there last week when I was driving to the second exit on a roundabout when some idiot on a kiddy bike went down the outside lane then cut across in front of me to go off at my indicated exit. Cue sharp stop and much blowing of horns, both from me and the car behind m that nearly ran into my back bumper

Perhaps he simply didn't see me: our motorhome is 23 feet long, 10 feet high and eight feet wide so quite inconspicuous...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

This is the scary bit however you travel -

two had licences revoked at the roadside for failing eyesight tests.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Shame they weren't there on Saturday night as I and others were riding through Epping. Idiots in a BMW convertible swerving into riders deliberately, laughing and jeering as several came off trying to avoid being hit. Thankfully no-one seriously hurt as far as I could tell.

Even with videos of the incident, unless you can prove who the driver was it's unlikely anything would be done.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Double standards? Was it unnecessary force? Police slammed for sending thief flying head first by 'nudging' him off his bike - Mirror Online
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Shame they weren't there on Saturday night as I and others were riding through Epping. Idiots in a BMW convertible swerving into riders deliberately, laughing and jeering as several came off trying to avoid being hit. Thankfully no-one seriously hurt as far as I could tell.

Even with videos of the incident, unless you can prove who the driver was it's unlikely anything would be done.
            East LOndon is not good for cyclists: -

London thugs push bike into the path of oncoming cyclists | Daily Mail Online

The car should be seized and crushed.

Also the morons who respond to DAily Mail articles tarnishing all cyclists with the same brush need to be shot.

Comment

Hope they have an equal crackdown on the cyclists who brazenly ride on the pavement endangering pedestrians.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                East LOndon is not good for cyclists: -

London thugs push bike into the path of oncoming cyclists | Daily Mail Online

The car should be seized and crushed.

Also the morons who respond to DAily Mail articles tarnishing all cyclists with the same brush need to be shot.
                That was on the same ride. I think I'd already gone through there by the time it happened.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                  Hope they have an equal crackdown on the cyclists who brazenly ride on the pavement endangering pedestrians.
                  The vast majority of the time cyclists on the pavement do not endanger pedestrians. If a cyclist hits a pedestrian, both get hurt. When a car driver hits a cyclist, only the cyclist gets hurt. The cases where cyclists are killed usually involve cyclists not being aggressive enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The vast majority of the time cyclists on the pavement do not endanger pedestrians. If a cyclist hits a pedestrian, both get hurt. When a car driver hits a cyclist, only the cyclist gets hurt. The cases where cyclists are killed usually involve cyclists not being aggressive enough.
                    But from personal experience, I know which gets hurt more. And that's without the injury the twat on the bike subsequently suffered when I managed to punch the part of his head which wasn't protected by a helmet. I do sometimes believe it's the main reason they wear them...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X