• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cashing in My Chips, The Final Curtain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Good luck. I've been looking and have had offers in New York, Berlin and Switzerland. BUt difficult to move with a family, so mulling things over for now.
    Moving is right, this country is fooked for the immediate future. Brexit will fook it and Corbyn will finish it off with a cream pie.
    I would pick NYC out of those three. Lots going on here despite all the doom and gloom from Trumpton/Washington DC.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
      I would pick NYC out of those three. Lots going on here despite all the doom and gloom from Trumpton/Washington DC.
      Me too for the experience.

Funnily enough there seems to be a real shortage in great skills in what I do in NYC.
      I know this as I have interviewed a fair few guys for roles there, contract and perm.

I don't think it would be difficult to shine there.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Never met sas have you?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Good luck MMM. Hope your plan works out. Mate of mine went over 10 years ago now and he loves it. He'll never come back.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Me too for the experience.

Funnily enough there seems to be a real shortage in great skills in what I do in NYC.
            I know this as I have interviewed a fair few guys for roles there, contract and perm.

I don't think it would be difficult to shine there.
            It's the real crossroads of the world (and this is coming from a Londoner) and also a great place to work. I am working with three clientcos at the moment all in different industries. Exciting times

Comment

When I said I was leaving you all told me to fook off and not come back.

Comment

It's the real crossroads of the world (and this is coming from a Londoner) and also a great place to work. I am working with three clientcos at the moment all in different industries. Exciting times
                Problem with banking contracting in NY is the rates are not high but the costs are very high to live there. It would be a good laugh though, messing around on Wall St for a bit.

Comment

Yes just got back. With all the turmoil in the health industry the market is booming.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    When I said I was leaving you all told me to fook off and not come back.

I didn't. But I was away that week...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Yes just got back. With all the turmoil in the health industry the market is booming.
                      Yes and it's set to continue for a lot longer too. Even if the BCRA bill passes in the senate there will be many legal cases raised. The courts are going to be swamped for years with this and all the other legislation that is being planned or has been stalled by the courts already. Lots of analysis & modeling work to be carried out over the coming years.
                      Last edited by redgiant; 27 June 2017, 20:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X