• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wild honeybee nest - How to remove?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hairlocks View Post
    Where in the UK are you?

I am also interested in what damage the be keepers think they will cause? ( I am not awhere of any) also this early in the season a colony of bees can sell for £200. Have the beekeepers confirmed they are honey bees? They could be tree bees (although unlikley this early on.)

As it is this early, they will swarm later in the summer (no harm to you), current queen will disappear and other cast swarms later. You may be lucky and the bees that remain don't produce a succesful mated queen for the winter and the colony will die out.
    You a bee keeper?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      Why do you want to remove the lovely bees from your house?
      I felt the same way but there may be no other option than to remove them forcibly. I've contacted my local swarm collector who hopefully may be able to assist. The problem is that they are at the top of the house and there are health and safety issues.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Cause they make a constant buzzing noise and are ******* annoying.
        No, they aren't only if you provoke them they will follow you until the end of the world.

The only place that is annoying is inside my car while I'm driving. If I can't remove them the only option is to kill the poor devil.

Comment

Last weekend I found a honey bee in the front garden. It was out of energy. I gave it some honey. 5 minutes later it flew off.

Thank goodness it did not need the kiss of life.

Comment

Was there ever an outcome to this story?

Comment

they all lived happy-bee ever after

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                He was last seen trying to fight them off with a broken stick....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                  Send in a honey badger. The world's hardest animal...

Ah, yes...

The honey badger don't give a tulip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    We've left them where they were. If honey starts dripping through the ceiling we'll have to do something but live and let live is what I say. Unless it's Halal; then nuke them from orbit.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X