• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

]British firms offering non-UK nationals an average of 28 per cent more than locals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Where can I get a copy of the new UK rules?
    That's a slight problem.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...s-shape-future

Almost three-quarters of tech workers thinking of leaving the UK after Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

thinking or prepairing.
        I must say it's harder than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          They may not at the moment due to uncertainty over the future because their right to work here is determined by EU rules which are under threat. However, that uncertainty won't exist when they are allowed to work here under rules that are set by the UK government. The rest of your "reasons" are just conjecture.
          ahh rules set by the UK government... Are we talking about the same government that is threatening to throw in upheaval the lives of some 3mil EU citizens and their families already in the UK, by pretending to protect the rights of the 1mil Brits in EU, after not allowing a lot of them to vote in the referendum? Or is it the same government that had the full power to reduce the non-EU migration, but did nothing of sorts? Or maybe the Government that is headed by the same person that was in charge of migration for 5 years and failed to do her job miserably, but feels fit to lead the country.

I would go out on a limb and say that you have never moved to live and work in another country. Red tape, boxes upon boxes of paperwork and most likely visa tied to a specific employer that can use it as a chokehold is not something that a person with average intelligence will pick over the FOM in the rest of the EU. Noone in their right mind, that is highly skilled will come to the UK with a family knowing that he/she might be ejected at will by a bureaucrat trying to achieve migration targets.

Comment

I'm quite certain many folks in the UK will welcome lower salaries, longer working hours, increased house prices, decades of Tory rule for a glorious red white and blue yet strong and stable Brexit.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Work 4x as hard for half the money? Sounds like a good deal to me ;-)
              You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                thinking or prepairing.
                I must say it's harder than I thought.
                Yes, we can see you find thinking fairly traumatic, but at least you managed to spell that correctly.

Unlike your attempt at "preparing".
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Where did you migrate from?

Comment

Rates up for those remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Rates up for those remaining.
                      Tax rates

Comment

Working...
                      X