• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got in car crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyoshya zit'!. It was President Putin, with the Black Chaika, in the main road...

Comment

+1 on the - you don't want it back list.

They are never the same again and can take some shifting as any half decent car chap can tell it's been crashed.

Glad you are ok, nice car by the way (well it was...)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Well, we'll see how this plays out, my expectation is that his insurer will have to pick up full costs of my car - write off probably, the fixing would need to be rather extensive and it certainly won't be same car after it.
        You do have a witness? If so when the other fellow lies because you have the witness details your account will be believed.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well, we'll see how this plays out, my expectation is that his insurer will have to pick up full costs of my car - write off probably, the fixing would need to be rather extensive and it certainly won't be same car after it.
          So you will be offered 50% of what it is worth?

I once bought a £22k car written off 6 months later. I got offered £9k, negotiated up to £14k. Solicitor got involved and I got £18k.

Solicitor cost £300. Only time I have ever got value from a solicitor.

Comment

Got witness who was behind me and saw it (probably felt very lucky it wasn't him)

Photoes show damage - if it was me ramming him then it would be him in the wall on the other side and my car would be on the left side of the road.
            AtWs witnesses arrive on the scene

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Sorry AtW, sounds like you're OK but still not nice.

I thought your car looked unscathed until I scrolled and saw the off-side front... ouch.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Sorry AtW, sounds like you're OK but still not nice.
                The poor guy has had a crappy 24 hours. Leave him be.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You do have a witness? If so when the other fellow lies because you have the witness details your account will be believed.
                  Yep, the guy who was driving right behind me, he saw it all.

Now, called Admiral they accept it's no fault claim, but they offered two options:

1. Go via Auxillis who will get it fixed under "vehicle repair finance agreement" - essentially giving me credit for 49 weeks and I'd still be liable for it if they can't get the money out of another party, and they seem to control how much they spend on repairs so bill could be big - you save on "excess" though

2. Claim via Admiral, excess will be payable, normal route... no claim bonus is protected, I could have 3 "strikes"...

Agreed for Admiral to send mechanic to see the damage first before I decide which route, I reckon it's write off...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So you will be offered 50% of what it is worth?
                    I expect market value... £25k at least, replacement price easily £30k

Comment

P.S. The police did not want to give a fook about it - as long as drivers exchanged details it's ok for them... but they had to get over when the AA guy called them to block road so that he could safely load my car onto his truck...
                      Accident 101

1) Your airbag got deployed. You have pains in your chest. You are injured. 999. Ambulance.

2) The other driver's demeanour/ attitude makes you think he is drunk or high.

3) The other driver's clothing/ grooming don't seem appropriate for the type of car he was driving. You think the other car was stolen.

Bingo. Plod arrives in an instant with blues 'n' twos.

I thought everybody knew this elementary stuff?

Anyway, glad to know you're unhurt. Insurance will buy you a new motor.

Oh, and remember, whiplash injuries can take a little time to show themselves. Get yourself off to see your GP.
                      Last edited by RetSet; 4 May 2017, 17:54.

Comment

Working...
                      X