• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's a Bob (agent/resource)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Never been there in my entire life
    Best to keep it that way IMO. Make my blood boil that place.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Best to keep it that way IMO. Make my blood boil that place.
      As much as CUK? Considering <mod deleted> as racist term is just silly.

Comment

Ah, Thanks for the responses, I thought it was something along those lines...

Re the link to Mr Shawadiwadi's entry.. a nice little giggle in the absence of a BOFH this week.

mjcp

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
          Ah, Thanks for the responses, I thought it was something along those lines...

Re the link to Mr Shawadiwadi's entry.. a nice little giggle in the absence of a BOFH this week.

mjcp
          Whats a <SNIP - I will save the Mods the Trouble>

I would imagine the term originally came about due to the term "Achha" (pronounced ah-chha), along with the pronounced head shake.

New to most, but not those that had spent a lot of time in India for years.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Reading a few posts, I gather imported staff are sometimes referred to as "Bobs" and that Indian agents/agencies/outsources are also occasionally referred to as Bobs.. So, what's a Bob (as it seems, multiple people/things can be one...) ?

Cheers..

mjcp
            Bob = Bottom of barrel (a reference to the typically substandard work performed by certain bodyshop companies, which tended to be from a particular part of the world). So a "Bob" is generally someone who has been selected solely on the basis of being cheap.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Reading a few posts, I gather imported staff are sometimes referred to as "Bobs" and that Indian agents/agencies/outsources are also occasionally referred to as Bobs.. So, what's a Bob (as it seems, multiple people/things can be one...) ?

Cheers..

mjcp
              It's a noun used to describe Johnny Foreigners of Indian, Pakistani, or Bangladeshi descent employed for very low wages in the IT industry and sitting far too close to the white strapping boys from Kent (mostly pro-Brexit).(*)

(*) To be fair, one has to acknowledge that the aforementioned groups seem to be incapable of learning to speak the version of English spoken by the other group which prevents them from understanding each other. This flaw of character frequently leads to completely different definitions of the meaning of words "deliverables", "delivered", "complete" (with the exception of the phrases like "complete idiot", "completely ****ed"), "working", "failed", "honest", etc.
              You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
              X