• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May signals She won't give more brexit details

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    well it was on the news again, the German economy is powering ahead, earnings up, not enough people to do the work, huge budget surplus and they're actually having difficulty spending money, because there isn't enough spare capacity to handle the business. Germany will be very disinterested in Brexit. The focus there is definitely settling the bar bill.

spoken like an entity right at the very top of a grand ponzi scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
      ....aha yes looks like the EU are gearing up for it.

The EU to stone wall the UK on trade talks

big majority or small majority, makes no difference the UK will have pretty much a binary decision on the table. Massive queues at Folkstone and empty shops won't look good on TV.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 20 April 2017, 21:51.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

....aha yes looks like the EU are gearing up for it.

The EU to stone wall the UK on trade talks

big majority or small majority, makes no difference the UK will have pretty much a binary decision on the table. Massive queues at Folkstone and empty shops won't look good on TV.

indeed, to pretend it was going to be any different was a fallacy. Juncker and Tusk: two of the biggest five knuckle shufflers the modern political world has ever witnessed, relentlessly fighting and supporting for the U.K's corner in the E.U for the past 20 years. I thank them for their tireless service and dedication to this cause and all of its large, expanding, positive influence on our union.

Comment

No they just need to use their muscle to get the UK to pay its "bar bill" and then distribute it to the other countries.

Suffice to say, there will be no deal on the table other than a "diktat" from Brussels for the UK to sign off on in two years time.
          I find it very strange that remainers tend to actually think even more lowly of the EU than leavers.

Remainers are like those people who wont leave their abusive spouse, in case they decide to do something even more terrible.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            I find it very strange that remainers tend to actually think even more lowly of the EU than leavers.

Remainers are like those people who wont leave their abusive spouse, in case they decide to do something even more terrible.
            It is in the nature of negotiations that the stronger negotiating partner who plays his hand well will be seen by the weaker negotiating partner as a "bastard". As an objective observer one tends to admire the winner.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
              So the German economy which makes things and sells them is a Ponzi scheme, while the Uk economy which is based on high house prices and borrowing to consume is not?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

The General Election is a great domestic side show, but in the end is completely irrelevant.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...y-u-k-election

The U.K. “is in a very weak bargaining position anyway,” Schmieding said. Victory for May’s Conservatives in the June 8 election “gives her a strong hand in selling to the domestic audience in the U.K. whatever she wants to sell, but it does not give her any advantage in selling in Poland or in Romania or in France or Germany,” he said. “Brexit will mostly be shaped by what the EU-27 is ready to offer, and Theresa May will just have to accept that.”
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  So the German economy which makes things and sells them is a Ponzi scheme, while the Uk economy which is based on high house prices and borrowing to consume is not?
                  i am a reader of economics, the german economy is no miracle nirvana, like Japan was in the 1980s.

behind the marketing glitz it's a rag and bone economy.

up until fairly recently 25% of the german workforce was on 9.50 EUR per hour and due to no minimum wage over a million in 4 EUR per hour.

at the cost of the other member states Germany has:

a) near limitless supply of money at near zero interest rates to soak the capital costs of running factories and making things and lending money to car buyers in finance deals

b) a supply of cheap labour to work in factories, don't care where they come from. 2M from Syria? wheel em in!

c) 25% cheaper currency than it should be. the suffering of the southern states is necessary to create this

d) a single common market and trade deal to sell its goods whilst shunning deals for services

e) a population willing to accept minimal wage increases

so yeah the Germany doing just fine (at the expense of all the other southern EU states) but these conditions are temporary and are not sustainable.

'making things' is a low margin activity in the main and i am much happier the UK is not in competition with the Germans. I am far happier (and so will my children be) earning plenty of money not working in a factory.

what i am not happy about is the Germans (and the french) looking after their own interests by blocking a common trade deal for services.

every dog has its day and judging by the number of brand new german cars on UK roads this year we are very much at 'peak car'.

ponzi schemes can run for decades without getting found out, the EU ponzi scheme run by the Germans will eventually collapse.

Comment

if 25% of the German work force are on 9.50eur an hour, then how come when I contracted in FaM ten years ago the local LIDL offered cashier jobs at 13eur an hour ?

I have a very strong feeling you are talking total cr@p

history has shown one of the attributes of the German success is their long term planning

they are and always have been, investing in the future, and forward looking 2, 3, or 4 generations

the low interest rates, this is a result of the financial crisis, every country has low interest rates, even the UK !

so, let's see some evidence to substantiate your fiction

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      history has shown one of the attributes of the German success is their long term planning
                      Military planning being one notable exception of course.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      they are and always have been, investing in the future, and forward looking 2, 3, or 4 1000 year Reichs

Milan.
                      ftfy
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X