May signals She won't give more brexit details
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 101
  1. #21

    Banned

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    16,243

    Default

    For as long as the first past the post system exists the majority of the population shall be without representation. A coalition government is now needed more than ever. The Tories will do their damnedest to prevent that from happening.

  2. #22

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is a fount of knowledge

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,706
    Thanks (Given)
    463
    Thanks (Received)
    1543
    Likes (Given)
    1461
    Likes (Received)
    3918

    Default

    If the PM won't give more brexit details, then the GE campaign is going to be quiet. The pensioners will vote Tory even if they removed the state pension. Project fear will continue, making up stories about what will happen if you dare vote against the Tories, and the same mugs who bought into the Brexit promises will defend the elite, while claiming the opposite.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  3. #23

    Contractor Among Contractors

    tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,628
    Thanks (Given)
    11
    Thanks (Received)
    98
    Likes (Given)
    84
    Likes (Received)
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Oh and it's totally logical to publicly sat what you want from negotiations - best practice really
    And she has.

    Best possible access to single market

    Control of borders

    No ECJ

  4. #24
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    Banned

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,975
    Thanks (Given)
    1260
    Thanks (Received)
    661
    Likes (Given)
    6843
    Likes (Received)
    2350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    And she has.

    Best possible access to single market

    Control of borders

    No ECJ
    And I fancy marrying Taylor Swift, unless it is explained how this is all wishful thinking

  5. #25

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is a fount of knowledge

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,706
    Thanks (Given)
    463
    Thanks (Received)
    1543
    Likes (Given)
    1461
    Likes (Received)
    3918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    And she has.

    Best possible access to single market

    Control of borders

    No ECJ
    We already had 2 of those before brexit.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  6. #26

    Contractor Among Contractors

    tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,628
    Thanks (Given)
    11
    Thanks (Received)
    98
    Likes (Given)
    84
    Likes (Received)
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    And I fancy marrying Taylor Swift, unless it is explained how this is all wishful thinking
    It's easy. You negotiate with Ms Swift and explain the benefits of your proposed union.

  7. #27

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    27,015
    Thanks (Given)
    3635
    Thanks (Received)
    5398
    Likes (Given)
    4221
    Likes (Received)
    6611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    It's easy. You negotiate with Ms Swift and explain the benefits of your proposed union.
    Hardly coming from a position of strength though is he?

    “Silence is Golden. Unless you have kids. Then silence is just plain suspicious"

  8. #28

    Contractor Among Contractors

    meridian 's job has never been outsourced

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,452
    Thanks (Given)
    10
    Thanks (Received)
    57
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    If the PM won't give more brexit details, then the GE campaign is going to be quiet. The pensioners will vote Tory even if they removed the state pension. Project fear will continue, making up stories about what will happen if you dare vote against the Tories, and the same mugs who bought into the Brexit promises will defend the elite, while claiming the opposite.
    The worst thing about it is that, even with no further details of what Brexit will entail, May will claim any election victory as a "mandate" to push through whatever deal she wants.

    Quite Machiavellian, really.

  9. #29

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    28,193
    Thanks (Given)
    1450
    Thanks (Received)
    1174
    Likes (Given)
    4564
    Likes (Received)
    4270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    The worst thing about it is that, even with no further details of what Brexit will entail, May will claim any election victory as a "mandate" to push through whatever deal she wants.

    Quite Machiavellian, really.
    Hence her needing a large majority.

    Vote any other party who is likely to get in where you are to screw her up.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  10. #30

    Contractor Among Contractors

    tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,628
    Thanks (Given)
    11
    Thanks (Received)
    98
    Likes (Given)
    84
    Likes (Received)
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Hardly coming from a position of strength though is he?

    Well we won't know until the negotiations begin in earnest. Once his people start talking to her people things will become clearer.

    That's the thing with negotiations ... you don't know what the deal is until the end of the negotiation.

    If you knew what the outcome was of negotiation was before it began it wouldn't be negotiation would it? It would be a "done deal".

    Good luck ATW!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.